Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,552   Online: 770

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Starlite Theater in Durham

I was considering coming over to Durham this week sometime from Asheville to shoot the Starlite Theater which looks like it isn't long for the world. I would definitely be bringing the 20 x 24 and maybe the wet plate collodion gear depending on whether I can get the collodion mixed in time. My schedule is fairly flexible for the week --any fellow Apug members interested in catching up there?

Just a thought not any grand plan on my part as my plans tend to be fluid based on the needs of a household that includes 7 and 5 year olds.

best,

Zebra

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
    I was considering coming over to Durham this week sometime from Asheville to shoot the Starlite Theater which looks like it isn't long for the world. I would definitely be bringing the 20 x 24 and maybe the wet plate collodion gear depending on whether I can get the collodion mixed in time. My schedule is fairly flexible for the week --any fellow Apug members interested in catching up there?

Just a thought not any grand plan on my part as my plans tend to be fluid based on the needs of a household that includes 7 and 5 year olds.

best,

Zebra
    Hi Monty,

I would love to see the 20x24 and the wet plate gear, unfortunately Asheville isn't fesable for me this week. Perhaps sometime in the future though. I'm located North of Atlanta so it would be a bit of a drive.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Don,

Keep in touch, if you are ever up this way you are always welcome to come by. My in laws live in Atanta so there is the possibility that I will be down with the camera some time in the future--maybe we can cross paths then.

Until then all the best,

Monty

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would love to see the 20x24 in person also.however i live in athens,ga so it is a bit of a drive for me too.if you do find yourself in ga please keep us updated.i would enjoy the chance to see your camera in action.i am so curious about ulf but the price tag keeps me away from it for now.i think my wista would look like at 35mm point and shoot next to it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin