Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,699   Online: 912

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sloss Furnaces, Birmingham

My wife and I have been discussing returning to the Sloss Furnaces in Birmingham next Saturday, the 15th, to try and improve on our last venture there. Anybody interested in making it a group venture? A stop at the Golden Rule barbeque house in not out of the question.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    when you go,what cameras do you take,do they allow tripods and can you wander freely.looks interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes they do allow self guided tours and common sense use of tripods and cameras. It looks like they will be having an iron and bronze casting class that day too so there may be some interesting sights if we are allowed to peer over thier shoulders.

http://www.slossfurnaces.com/media/h...loss_story.php
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Yes they do allow self guided tours and common sense use of tripods and cameras. It looks like they will be having an iron and bronze casting class that day too so there may be some interesting sights if we are allowed to peer over thier shoulders.

http://www.slossfurnaces.com/media/h...loss_story.php

Gary, I'd like to go! Let me know any details!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My wife just informed me that my grandbabies birthday party had been changed to Saturday so the trip to Sloss will have to be on Sunday.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    My wife just informed me that my grandbabies birthday party had been changed to Saturday so the trip to Sloss will have to be on Sunday.
    That can work for me. Anyone else going? You leaving Sunday a.m., or going over Saturday night?

Hope some other people decide to go if they read this. From what I understand, this is an interesting place to photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    That can work for me. Anyone else going? You leaving Sunday a.m., or going over Saturday night?

Hope some other people decide to go if they read this. From what I understand, this is an interesting place to photograph.
    Haven't made the decide yet. It might be Saturday night as we'll be 70 miles closer to B'ham while at my sons place in Carrollton.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    gary do you sign the photographic release when you go,what do you say is the purpose and do they charge you as an artist.seems as a tourist you can shoot for free and even as an independent but they may want compensation if an image is to be sold?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really don't know anything about that, never stopped in the office to see about it. I just walked in and shot pictures.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'll put "tourist" on the form. If they look at my past work, they'd never believe "artist"!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin