Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,335   Online: 964

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, you're a couple hours from both Tallahassee and Albany. Watch for folks close by and trade notes to see whats good to shoot.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm
    Gary I actually misdirected my question to you concerning the canopy oaks, it should have been directed at Mitch as he is in the Thomasville area. However, as you are a Georgian, you might want to make it a day trip. New Hope road is an unimproved(dirt, red clay, sand) road south of Thomasville. Taking US 19 south out of Thomasville, you travel some 12 or 15 miles or so and look for the New Hope Road sign. Exit US 19 to the right. The road takes you to Metcaff eventually. Several old abandoned buildings and a nice church there. The oaks form a canopy over 2 or 3 miles of the road. The oaks are moss draped and scarred.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm just south of Savannah, I've been here for nearly 24 years and I'm just starting to feel like a local.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    i am in athens.Are any of you into doing group shoots,i have tried in the past to get something going how ever my schedule has been weird and i do not have the best organization skills.Are any of you into that sort of thing and what places might you know of for a group of us to hit.
    I like the sound of the canopy road but it is a four hour drive for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Alpharetta Here

I'm very new to film. -4 days new to be exact. I just bought my first film cameras, 3 Pentax 67 bodies on eBay. They should arrive on Friday.

Looking forward to exploring photography with film. I've been using digital for a few years now.

I'm going to Noccalula Falls this weekend for the Rod Run and to photograph the waterfall and hiking trails if anyone is interested. I'll be heading there on Saturday and staying until Sunday, but anyone interested could just drive back Sat night if they don't want to stay.

'njoy,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the wet side Mark! Drop me a PM sometime if you need help. .
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Gary I am in Monroe and I would love to see us get an active group of film shooters!!!!
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    FYI

http://www.meetup.com/focalpoint/calendar/10690243/

Photo walk this Saturday.

Correction, next month. My bad.

'njoy,
    Mark
    Last edited by awksedgreep; 06-24-2009 at 03:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Gary, I'm in Athens and have been away from my photography for most of last year. Now I'm back in the game and have set-up my darkroom in my hall bath using an Omega D6 for 4x5 and medium format. I'm starting to concentrate on portraits and reducing my landscape work.
    Paul Boeker

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Paul, I am just down the road in Monroe. I have an enlarger, and am printing some of my own stuff. My room is not completely dark so I have to wit until it is really dark out side before I can print. I am shooting and RB67 for my MF and have several 35mm bodies including 2 rangefinders. I also have a folding MF rangefinder on the way. I have been to Gary's house and he showed me how to process C-41 color film. So I will probably try my hand at that. I also have just bought a scanner.
    Let me know if you would like to try and meet somewhere. Maybe we could get some others to join if we meet.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin