Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,823   Online: 1131

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I live in Memphis, but get to Birmingham on occasion when transporting rescue wiemarners.
    Ron
    Memphis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am in Birmingham as well. I shoot a lot of 35mm and Hasselblad, holga on occasion, and just started in the realm of 4x5 as well. I refuse to give up film

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm in Birmingham. I shoot a 35mm Leica. Just love the look and can't seem to find a digital camera that fully compares. B&W + some C-41 color. Processing my own B&W and scanning. About once a year I get the itch to run a roll or two of E-6 through.
    -Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to both of our new guys from south central Missouri.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I moved a couple months ago from Arkansas. Now we're smack-dab in the middle between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.

Images
    Good Morning, William,

I'm in southern Illinois, but my brother has lived in Alabama for about forty years, currently in Prattville. I have made the trip down there many times, usually via Paducah, Nashville, and Birmingham. Is the U. S. 78 interchange with I-65 north of Birmingham finished yet?

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nope. Ya still have to take the U.S. highway out for a bit before you can hop on.

Images
    Good Evening, Spacer,

Thanks. I keep hoping that eventually the connection will be made. Using the St. Louis-Memphis-Birmingham-Montgomery route will provide a little scenic variety at some point.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heh... I live in Memphis, and I'll be going to St. Louis for a short vacation this coming weekend (Nov. 11-13). I'll be in the Soulard area, my favorite part of St. Louis, and probably hopping around the Grand Ave. district as well. I've been going to St. Louis for years, but haven't done much intensely photography-related. Are there any nooks and crannies I should know about? I did pick up a couple of cameras in the Cherokee antique shop district last year.

As for Memphis, I'd like to perhaps get a photowalk (or in the case of 4x5, photo-stand?) together for us film shooters. I do all formats, B&W and C-41, have darkroom.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to work in Pine Hill for months at a time, if that counts
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin