Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,684   Online: 752

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Anybody from Alabama?

I'm in Birmingham, Alabama. Have lived in Huntsville and Montgomery, AL too--so I'm familiar with those areas.

I shoot medium format with a Hassy 500CM, Mamiya RB67, and Mamiya 645 Super. I've been a people photographer mostly, but am venturing back into fine art and landscape.

Kinda lonely being a film lover nowadays!

William Markey
    bamapix@yahoo.com or William.Markey@yahoo.com (they both go to the same account)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not from Alabama, but I do want to say welcome to APUG. You aren't going to feel lonely here.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

2nd that. Welcome to the forum.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, and don't give up on film. The quality you can get with your setup kills the best digital pix, IMO. You can mail order supplies if you have to! There is Freestyle, Samy's, B&H, and there are more shops as well.

I am not from there, but I just passed near your town on a cross-country road trip this January. I was on the way to stay with a friend of a friend up in Jasper, on Corridor X. I got one of my favorite pictures from an offramp there the next day. The next day, I went up smaller roads (69, 79, U.S. 72; through Guntersville and Scotsboro) into Chattanooga. BEAUTIFUL state, and beautiful part of the state. Lucky you!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 06-10-2009 at 04:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by William Markey View Post
    I'm in Birmingham, Alabama. Have lived in Huntsville and Montgomery, AL too--so I'm familiar with those areas.

I shoot medium format with a Hassy 500CM, Mamiya RB67, and Mamiya 645 Super. I've been a people photographer mostly, but am venturing back into fine art and landscape.

Kinda lonely being a film lover nowadays!

William Markey
    bamapix@yahoo.com or William.Markey@yahoo.com (they both go to the same account)

Welcome!

I live just outside of decatur, which is close to huntsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, there are some........ but the others here do not hold it against us. I live in Montgomery, but, was in the Birmingham area for a number of years.
    Welcome to Apug!
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey william,welcome.Check out sloss furnaces if you have not already.I traveled there with a fellow apuger from georgia and we had a great time and got some good pics.A lot of fine art type photo possibilities there.My folks live in huntsville/new market area so i venture over to al every couple of months.I want to go back to the furnaces again as i missed taking pictures of so much cool stuff.They have a website just google the name,they are tripod friendly.

Shooter
    35mm
    i just recently moved from florida to huntsville . i like it so far .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm over in Alpharetta Georgia, but wanted to mention the Rod Run at Noccalula Falls this weekend. I'm driving over from Atlanta and would love to meet photogs from Alabama. I'm originally from Cullman myself.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/...6-this-weekend

'njoy,
    Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I live just north of Alabama in southern middle Tennessee. I was in Florence this past weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin