Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,783   Online: 1019

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Middle of the area works for. Petit Jean would be great. Anything interesting in the East?
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For me some parts of east AR are cool but it's hard work once all the flat fields kick in.
    Would you be coming from NW AR? Maybe somewhere that is north east of LR? Let's think.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah I would be coming from NW AR. Driving really isn't that big an issue with me.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, once we hit the crowleys ridge, I know plenty of places to eat and shoot. I would ask to drop Memphis from consideration, I am quite sick of this place. I have never been to clarendon, though I am not opposed to driving. Also, it will probably be two of us as I am slowly.convincing donna to convert to film.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've never been out of the car in Crowley's but from what I've seen from the road that place is very pretty. We should get a date set for this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like Crowley's is the place. Now when is the question. When spring starts kicking in would be my opine. So that is..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe mid to late April? If we are talking about a full weekend, Village Creek state park near Wynne might be a good option.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, all. I just joined up. Ive lived in Hot Springs since May 08, used to write a lot of travel articles for German mags (my native language and a bunch of business connections to Germany) and have switched to books, as I am now officially a Social Security recipient and have the time for longer form texts. Plus, Iäm currently building a darkroom here at my place after thirty darkroomless years.

Jenny and I used to live in the Santa Barbara area in California, but knew for years where we would retire -- that´s the beauty of travel writing. you get to see the country on someone else´s dime. She and I are still (and again) avid photographers: Jenny loves her Fuji digital slr, I use a Minolta Maxxum 9, a Maxxum 7, a Maxxum 9xi and a Hasselblad 500C that has been in the family since 1959. Back then, I´d borrow the Hasselblad from my dad to shoot black and white, and that´s exactly what I am doing again after twelve digital years (yes, the Minolta RD-175 is still here, on the shelf).

So. Just wanted to say hi and thank you guys for a few tips about locations in our state.
    Peter
    www.peterjkraus.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Peter!!!

I north a ways in Rolla, MO

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Peter! Hot Springs is my hometown and I miss her dearly. My favorite place to shoot is downtown with all the shop windows and history. Come with us!

My only perceived knock on Village Creek is that I think it is all flat.

jb

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin