Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,622   Online: 1021

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Raleigh NC here.....
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format

Greetings from S. Florida

Any interest in an excursion to the Everglades?
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When do you have in mind? This in boats or hiking on dry trails? I'd love to see the place when I've got my wall project and knee surgery/recovery out of the way.

BTW I'd be interested in leading a few folks out to Rocktown on Pigeon Mountain to shoot the rock formations sometime.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Our NE Florida LF group has a couple of scheduled outings to Georgia next year; and maybe we could get together with fellow APUG'ers on one or both of these.
    1) March 5th: A half-day trip to historic & scenic Cumberland Island, GA. Ferry departs from St Marys, Ga to Cumberland 9AM & return times are 2:45PM & 4:45PM.
    2) June 11th, 8AM, Downtown Savannah, Georgia. A day trip & possible overnighter for those so interested. Photograph the architecture of downtown Savanah, possible visit to cemeteries, view SCAD exhibits.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    35mm
    Just joined apug after seeing them in BW magazine recently. I'd be interested in a mtg; I live in Micanopy, Fl, which is about 10 miles south of Gainesville (home to University of Florida). It's gorgeous here! Hope to meet you guys soon . . .
    Checkergirl

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey, I do large format (4x5 lens and pinhole) out of the Atlanta area. Gary, I think we have run into each other through the Dogwood City Grotto. I have never gone out shooting with other folks before, but it might be interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had a pretty good trip out to Rocktown, thought the roughness of the switchback road up the mountain made a few city types a bit nervous. I'd be willing to go back in a month or two and shoot some more. Seems my weekends are getting filled before I know whats happening. PM me sometime JeffD, maybe we can get together and shoot the bull over coffee and compare notes. We've got a growing Apug contingent here who like to get out together and burn film.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary I enjoyed the trip, and would like to go back again when I have more time to spend there. I enjoyed meeting everyone else too. Great bunch of people! I'm STILL unpacking from the recent move, and don't have the darkroom setup so it will be awhile to see any fruits of the labor of getting up that mountain. The couger is just not cut out for four wheeling :-) Let me know if your going on any trips that you think might interest me. With the new house and unpacking from the move, it's hard for me to plan anything right now, but I might be able to steal away for awhile from time to time.

Shooter
    Large Format

Savannah

A few of us Large Format APUG'ers from North Florida, along with other photographers from the area will be meeting April 2nd (a Saturday) in downtown Savannah. Maybe others from the SE area could join, & we could share a toast to Sean. That weekend includes their annual Tour of Homes & Gardens . We plan to meet 8-9 AM in downtown Forsyt Park (see map) .
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    For now I'm mostly thinking of someplace within a few hours drive of Atlanta, if not closer. Depends on how many people we can get together and what the interests are.

Hi, I might be interested in hanging out for a while with some people who won't ask me why I have not thought of using a dig... (You know... ) camera.

I'm located near Birmingham... So I could do a day trip.
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin