Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,127   Online: 853

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mobbs
    Hi, I might be interested in hanging out for a while with some people who won't ask me why I have not thought of using a dig... (You know... ) camera.

I'm located near Birmingham... So I could do a day trip.
    You might not need to go far. My wife and I are interested in doing the Sloss Furnaces, we are told they are a good afternoon shoot for the lighting. May be a few weekends before we can get away though, got a wedding to shoot next weekend and no telling what the dayjob will throw at us until all the annual reports are printed for the customers.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    You might not need to go far. My wife and I are interested in doing the Sloss Furnaces, we are told they are a good afternoon shoot for the lighting. May be a few weekends before we can get away though, got a wedding to shoot next weekend and no telling what the dayjob will throw at us until all the annual reports are printed for the customers.
    You know, I have never been to Sloss Furnaces to make pictures. I was in there about forty years ago... When steele was still being made! A lot of smoke, soot, and heat! Let me know when you are coming over, I have heard its a real cool place now.
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be very interested in this one as well. I've heard about the furnaces before, from Gary among others. I'm gonna do a quick search on them as well. -- For the forseeable future, my Saturdays are unavailable for a day trip, but just about any Sun. will do with a little notice. Perhaps one of the May Sunday's between Mother's Day and Memorial weekend? I wouldn't expect the heat to be too bad at that time either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in Rock Hill, SC and wouldn't mind a get together.

p.s. Where is Rocktown?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    I'm in Rock Hill, SC and wouldn't mind a get together.

p.s. Where is Rocktown?
    Check out this thread
    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...4&page=2&pp=10
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH
    I'd be very interested in this one as well. I've heard about the furnaces before, from Gary among others. I'm gonna do a quick search on them as well. -- For the forseeable future, my Saturdays are unavailable for a day trip, but just about any Sun. will do with a little notice. Perhaps one of the May Sunday's between Mother's Day and Memorial weekend? I wouldn't expect the heat to be too bad at that time either.
    Well, May 8th is out for me, our first wedding anniversary! A Sunday shoot sounds like the best way to go for everyone so lets chime in with any other preferences, then we can get down to a real "when" to go.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, May 8th is out for me, our first wedding anniversary! A Sunday shoot sounds like the best way to go for everyone so lets chime in with any other preferences, then we can get down to a real "when" to go.
    I'm pretty busy on Sundays with my church work, but I might be able to make a few hours in the early afternoon. You guys pick a date, and I will really try hard to be there. The road trip for me is just a few minutes!
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So we're looking at either Sunday 15th, or 22nd? Meeting in the general area at some point mid-afternoon would still give us several hours of good shooting - and based on the last outing, they'll go fast. How do either of those times sound?
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Either one will be fine with us. Toss a coins and see which day will work.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Either one will be fine with us. Toss a coins and see which day will work.
    Heads or tails... I'll try to make it over there.

Thanks,

Bill

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin