Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,419   Online: 832

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In that case maybe plan for the 15th, and in the event of anticipated bad weather, we'll have a back-up for the following weekend. I'll pencil it in.
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK... May 15th or if we have to go to plan "B" then the next weekend. Pencil here too.
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, it's on my calendar!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH
    So we're looking at either Sunday 15th, or 22nd? Meeting in the general area at some point mid-afternoon would still give us several hours of good shooting - and based on the last outing, they'll go fast. How do either of those times sound?
    Scott
    Where is the 'general area'?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Where is the 'general area'?
    I would say the best place to meet would be in the parking area for the Furnaces. Personally I'd rather be there just after lunch. If someone close by could check out the area and find a decent place to eat maybe we could meet there?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you talking about the Sloss Furnaces in Alabama ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Are you talking about the Sloss Furnaces in Alabama ?
    Fer shure!

a map:
    http://www.frightfurnace.com/images/...%20map%201.jpg
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I would say the best place to meet would be in the parking area for the Furnaces. Personally I'd rather be there just after lunch. If someone close by could check out the area and find a decent place to eat maybe we could meet there?
    I'll try to check on it in the next few days. What kind of "decent place to eat are we thinking of? Burgers, Mexican, fast food, sea food, bar-b-que?

The Sloss furnaces web site says :
    Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday 10am to 4pm; Sunday 12 to 4pm; Closed Mondays
    Admission: Free!

http://www.slossfurnaces.com/media/h...loss_story.php
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please understand that it's out of sher ignorance (never been to Alabama much less 'the Furnaces) that I'm asking this but why was this location chosen? What sort of photographic opportunities will there be?

Thanks for the education

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Digi, take a look at the link in the comments above. A search engine under Sloss Furnaces will give info as well. For the most part it's an abandonded industrial site, on a huge scale. I've never been, and don't really have any specific expectations, which makes it a bit fun.

As to the hours of operation, seems we'll want to shoot for no later than 1:00 to be inside and setting up to get 3 hours of shooting in. If we get in as they open I'd be OK with that too... So far as food goes, burgers, bbq, mexican, chinese, just something a step up from fast food works for me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin