Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,248   Online: 1028

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Southeast area get together?

We need to plan a meet for this area, it's just to good to resist! How many Apuggers here in the Southeast US have the desire for a meet in the near future?
    I've met with esearing (Eric) and kayakerguy (Mark) and they are open to the idea. What I don't know is how many non posting members we have lurking in the area.
    Lets start throwing some ideas around and see what happens.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gary,
    We have in NE Florida a Large Format photography group some of whose members do traditional photography. Maybe somewhere mutually interesting might be doable. On "about" section of my website I have the schedule of our group's outings. Keep us in mind if you have a planned meeting & I'll inform our group.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We're just outside of New Orleans. I don't post alot here on Apug...but I read alot

What area would you consider meeting in? We have alot going on right now and will for the next couple of months, so time as well as location play a role in us (hubby and I) attending.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For now I'm mostly thinking of someplace within a few hours drive of Atlanta, if not closer. Depends on how many people we can get together and what the interests are.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm

Count me in

gary, I'm a beginner and new to APUG, but count me in. I can learn volumes just from listening to you folks talk. I'm in Birmingham and it doesn't matter to me where it is..I'm there
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, have you go to shoot the Sloss Furnaces yet? I'm told this makes a good afternoon shoot because of the direction of the sun at that time. This might be a good place for an Apug shoot.

A side note, with the Art School being in downtown Birmingham I'd have to wonder if theres a photo club hiding out there you could check up on.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm jumping in quite late here, but sounds interesting to me as well. Gary, you're virtually a neighbor as I'm in Alpharetta. It'd be fun to go shoot sometime, especially if you brought the 4x5. I'm just getting rolling with MF, but have always been curious about working w/ LF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH
    I'm jumping in quite late here, but sounds interesting to me as well. Gary, you're virtually a neighbor as I'm in Alpharetta. It'd be fun to go shoot sometime, especially if you brought the 4x5. I'm just getting rolling with MF, but have always been curious about working w/ LF.
    You would be quite welcome. I have three 4x5s as well as an 8x10 and Bronica SQAis for medium format, so theres plenty to play with.
    Theres also two other neighbors to you, Kayakerguy and Esearing. DonbGa, Ann and Jsatterlie reside somewhere in the Atlanta area as well, but I haven't had the pleasure of spending any time with them.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ha. Just re-read my prior post Gary and didn't intend to presume that I wanted to use your gear. Sorry 'bout that. I should have indicated an interest in learning more about LF work, seeing it "in use" , and ultimately seeing if it's something I'd purchase down the road. Your offer is very generous, and after some meetings I might be comfortable enough to use someone else's gear. Talk w/ you soon.
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH
    Ha. Just re-read my prior post Gary and didn't intend to presume that I wanted to use your gear. Sorry 'bout that. I should have indicated an interest in learning more about LF work, seeing it "in use" , and ultimately seeing if it's something I'd purchase down the road. Your offer is very generous, and after some meetings I might be comfortable enough to use someone else's gear. Talk w/ you soon.
    Scott
    I don't mind you having a 'hands on' look at the gear, you really can't tell much without actually using the equipment. If we actually manage to get out on a shoot together you are welcome to try out whatever I have to form your own opinions on the matter.
    Gary Beasley

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin