Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,171   Online: 723

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Triangle area, NC darkroom??

Wondering if there's any rental darkroom space or something similar here in the chapel hill area. Ive got no room in the house for an enlarger so mines been in the attic for way too long.

Anyone know of a local facility, local enthusiast who has a social darkroom, or someone who has space but no equipment?? I'd love to work something out. Scanning as my sole method of output is getting old. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be moving to Raleigh soon, and the only rental darkroom I've found is one at the craft center at NCSU. UNC-CH may have one as well, I centered my research around Raleigh specifically.
    Pentax MZ-S, Calumet 4x5 Monorail

Favorite Films: Foma 100, Acros 100, Delta 400, Portra 400.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just wondering what you found out.

Anything in CH?

Any one have any feedback on the NCSU Facility?

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: Triangle area, NC darkroom??

I have a Durst color enlarger in my small dark room. It can enlarge 35mm, 6x6, and 4x5. I also have trays for up to 16x24, and a JOBO CPA2 with drums for up to 20x24. I have easels for printing up to 16x20. Im on the coast in Havelock, but if you want to use it you are welcome too it. You would need to supply the chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks for the offer- I am currently 3 hours from the coast, until spring...

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: Triangle area, NC darkroom??

Quote Originally Posted by theseasideartist View Post
    thanks for the offer- I am currently 3 hours from the coast, until spring...
    It will be here in the spring. I will be gone from about 5 mar to 5 may. But will be around after that. If I'm in town, you're welcome too it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe the SERTOMA Arts Center at Shelley Lake in north Raleigh has a dark room available (for rent?).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    I believe the SERTOMA Arts Center at Shelley Lake in north Raleigh has a dark room available (for rent?).
    I just looked on their website; they currently show the darkroom as "unavailable."

It looks like NC State's Crafts Center has a darkroom available via Studio Passes; link here.

Best,
    Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The NC State option is attractive. I should check it out. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin