Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,959   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

2012 - anyone want to plan something? Central Texas or Coastal Bend?

I'm in La Grange - squat in the middle of the Austin-Houston-San Antonio area, but also have a place in Rockport (30 min from Corpus). Anybody want to try a Spring meetup in either area? Rather than a photo shoot; maybe we could do a darkroom tour? I am VERY interested to see others darkrooms and/or work processes. Anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I were still living in Manor I'd say lets do 6th St. any time you choose. However, I'm up here in the nordlund and won't be back down there for a long time. I'd love to shoot around Smithville though, very interresting area.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Smithville is my backyard!

Let me know when you are coming!

Anyone else?

Shooter
    Large Format
    We should be on each other's contact lists. I get down to Port Aransas occasionally so my soul can breath some salt air. I shoot and print film and am learning wet-plate. Oh, and I make my own pinhole cameras, 4x5 to 32x40, thus far. Today shooting a Speed Graphic with a Petzval lens for its nose, on the Mississippi gulf coast. Having all sorts of fun. Judy, Wichita Falls

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Judy ... I am seriously contemplating getting into wet plate. I am currently trying to replicate the look a bit using deep blue filters on regular film. At this moment, I have two blogs of colliodion artists that I'm enamored with. I might want to learn some of your tricks!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    hello,

just moved to luling from austin and loooooove it. am looking around town for a space - on my budget, a small one for a darkroom. mebbe i can sublet from a local business???

how about a fall on-the-coast meet up? summer is here and that means i am out for either early light or late light because the heat just kills me...galveston-born and not a great sun/heat fan anymore...

breathe, relax and enjoy.
    smiling gecko, aka kenneth

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm in Corpus during the week and sometimes on the weekend. Could be interested in a gathering down this way in the fall. Summer is pretty dang hot, but I guess I'm preaching to the choir. Port A, Rockport, CC that sounds like the start of something. I do a little wet plate and a fair amount of other alt process.

Oh, seeing as how we are Texas photographers, you might want to take a look at A Smith Gallery in Johnson City. My home on weekends for the next couple of years is Canyon Lake, which is central Texas. When I finish graduate school it will be my full time home. A Smith Gallery has several juried shows each year. A look at present and past shows should let you know it is a good place to play. Take a look. The folks showing in this gallery are from all over, however Texas is well represented. Amanda Smith, gallery owner and superb photographer. is a good person to know. https://asmithgallery.com/ Bill Barber
    Last edited by nsurit; 06-13-2012 at 08:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin