Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,603   Online: 1074

Shooter
    35mm

Mechanical cameras

Why are there no camera technicians in the DFW area that can CLA an F or F2? Slow speeds way slow.

I took a lens from an Isolette to a mechanic in a Garland because I could not get the cells apart. The green goo. He applied pliers, crushed the lenses, said "I'm sorry". Don't bring him up.

Steve Serota and Pete Smith both died with my unrepaired Nikons in their respective shops. Nikon in El Segundo put the F3 back on-line.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    DFW sounds like a terrible place. You should move to Los Angeles. We have people who can repair them. We also have so many residents already that one more won't be noticed. Don't expect the "welcome wagon" though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by puderse View Post
    Why are there no camera technicians in the DFW area that can CLA an F or F2?
    Because there are only 4 of us that use them.

I took two of my RB lenses (also sluggish) to the guy in Richardson. They came back $400 later undamaged, but also unchanged. I really don't think he did anything but fire them a few times and pronounced them OK.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://nikoncamerarepair.com/
    They happen to be near me, but I don't know that, because I deal with them via UPS. They are really fast (usually just two days, once I approve the estimate), and have done good work for me. Not cheap, but you want good, right?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dave easterwood (734) 433 2640-----He lives up in MI and does fantastic work. He has had my hasselblad equipment and my rollei stuff. All came back working perfect. The rolleicord lever slipped and the hasselblad body was just time for a cla and the lens was slow and preview was slow. All works great and I know others have used him and also did great work for them.

Shooter
    35mm

Repair in Dallas

Anyone ever use Archinal Camera Repair?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    Dave easterwood (734) 433 2640-----He lives up in MI and does fantastic work. He has had my hasselblad equipment and my rollei stuff. All came back working perfect. The rolleicord lever slipped and the hasselblad body was just time for a cla and the lens was slow and preview was slow. All works great and I know others have used him and also did great work for them.
    I'll recommend him also. He told me he went to classes specifically for the first F.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by puderse View Post
    Anyone ever use Archinal Camera Repair?
    Yes, see my post above ...

Shooter
    35mm

Slow Nikon

It went over my head that Archinal was located in Richardson, not Dallas!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin