Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,707   Online: 907

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Just posting to see if there would be any interest in a get together, there are a few of us. Say maybe late Sep. early Oct. so it is not quite so hot. Ideas on when/where welcome.
    Mike,
    I doubt I can make it but I would like to point out October 6 is reported to be the Harvest Moon. Bright, bold and beautiful. I think it max's out at about 3:13 [EST] on Saturday Oct 7.

Just an idea of when...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would be down for something like this, depending on work/school/etc. I missed the end-of-year get together last year.

Will

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    If you're talking about Garland, TX, then yes, it's really close (for Texas standards) being about a 1/2 hour or so from Dallas ...
    Depends on your part of Dallas. For me, it's five minutes away. But, then: Garland, really?

If we are going to meet and eat, Dallas/Ft. Worth is about as central as we can get. If we want to shoot, well, we might have to think about this ...

But, I'm in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to attend as well, provided that I'm avaliable.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sure!! (If the kids' schedules allow)......
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am in Providing I am not in arizona with that aforementioned workshop.

lee\c
    Last edited by lee; 06-01-2006 at 04:33 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK! Sounds like the interest is there.

I was thinking in terms of something like our friends across the pond have been doing..The UK folks seem to have this down (IMHO). Pick a weekend, meet up...enjoy some good food and spirits, then burn a bit of film. So at this point I am open (it is after all for all who can attend). If someone has a place that they think would be good to meet and shoot let's hear it. Places that come to mind for me are the Lost Pines in Bastrop (31/2 hrs from DFW), if around Oct Fair Park would be out due to the State Fair - otherwise, the Mission trail in San Antonio.

If everyone could toss out ideas, think we can figure out some place - central to all and still a lot of fun. We could try to keep drive times for everyone (except our neighbors across the borders) to less than 4-5 hrs. Then think about any activities that might be going on - this could be good or bad, and a place to stay - always a good thing. There are a few places that come to mind around Austin that might fit the bill - you guys down there could help us out with the logistics around there.

If the timing does not work out, let's see when a good time for most would be.

Thanks everyone....Bruce you going to be down here anytime soon? Let us know we could try to meet up.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    I will attend with bells and whistles.... or at least a camera and some film.
    Really looking forward to the bells!

We'll supply the whistles.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    http://www.texrenfest.com/

Just a thought. This place is great fun! I know a few folks who work here and we may get be able permission to stay after closing.......
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested. If it is in the Houston area, I can volunteer my darkroom for any demos or whatever. I also have a nice space to sit and look at photos.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin