Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,064   Online: 901

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just found this thread. I Live in Amarillo. October ( Indian Summer) is a great time of year on the high plains. Mild days and cool evenings are the rule but the weather can be very unpredicitble. Palo Duro Canyon is all dressed up in the fall, great colors, clear skies with lots of deer and turkey as well. I will be moving to a new home and have a daughter that is getting married in the fall. No confirmed dates yet but I might be able to help get a West Texas meet organized.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mckenna
    I just found this thread. I Live in Amarillo. October ( Indian Summer) is a great time of year on the high plains. Mild days and cool evenings are the rule but the weather can be very unpredicitble. Palo Duro Canyon is all dressed up in the fall, great colors, clear skies with lots of deer and turkey as well. I will be moving to a new home and have a daughter that is getting married in the fall. No confirmed dates yet but I might be able to help get a West Texas meet organized.

McKenna,
    I already suggested Amarillo for Palo Duro Canyon a while back.... sure agree with you.
    Gay L
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Evening Everyone...Thanks to all that have responded. There are several that have mentioned Amarillo and I agree that it is a good location. About a 6 hour drive for many, but much more for those south of the metro mess (Austin,Houston, San Antonio areas).

Would like to hear everyones thoughts on Amarillo - or perhaps having two seperate shoots. I know that means not everyone would make both, maybe have them at the same time. For those in the FW/D area could pick which one was more to your liking.

David's suggestion about the Photo San Antonio was interesting for me...so let's hear from those to the south, what places do you (would you) like to try? This is really just a chance to get together with some other photogs, enjoy some company, cuss/discuss some photography..put a face to a name, share work with each other and maybe do some shooting (and maybe a chance to see some format you have not seen before). It can be just for a Saturday, or maybe a long weekend.

Thoughts????
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I like Amarillo, but it would entirely depend on what weekend we are talking about.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be up for Amarillo in October. Palo Duro sounds good to me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think Amarillo sounds good as well.
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Appears to be some interest in Amarillo in the fall. There will be one weekend in Oct. that I will be tied up. Youngest Daughter is getting married. She hasn't picked the date yet, but we should know this weekend. I will be happy to arrange for accommodations and a meeting place when I get the wedding date settled.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    soooo...
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...a needle pulling thread.
    La, a note to follow sew
    Tea, a drink with jam and bread
    That will bring us back to...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Anything more than a day trip is out for me......unless someone wants to volunteer to get 3 kids to soccer games, football games, scout campouts, and plan an 8 yr old's birthday party??

Y'all have fun. I'll catch ya next time!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin