Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,909   Online: 1062

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe we need a few regional low-maintenance meetups and a single larger region high-maintenance meetup (The Biannual APUG Jamboree (The BAJ?) and the semi-monthly Localized APUG Get-togethers (SLAGs?)).

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie
    Anything more than a day trip is out for me......unless someone wants to volunteer to get 3 kids to soccer games, football games, scout campouts, and plan an 8 yr old's birthday party??

Y'all have fun. I'll catch ya next time!
    Similar situation here, don't think I'll make it out to Amarillo - though it sounds fun. Maybe we just need to make this a regular event and I'll count on being at a later outing that's closer to central TX. I guess this is to be expected, if we all lived in Rhode Island it could be anywhere in the state ... of course, if we were all in RI we probably wouldn't call it a "Fall Texas APUG Gathering" ....

Nathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I may not make it to Amarillo either, depending on when it is, even though I was one who said I'd like it. I'd love to though.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Maybe we need a few regional low-maintenance meetups and a single larger region high-maintenance meetup (The Biannual APUG Jamboree (The BAJ?) and the semi-monthly Localized APUG Get-togethers (SLAGs?)).

-KwM-
    You may be right, Kevin. I think geography gets the better of us when it comes to bringing Texans together. We have DFW, Houston, and the Austin-SA corridor, but then there's all of West Texas and the Panhandle, and south of San Antonio ...

My only suggestion (I admit to being overwhelmed by the concept) is that anybody that wants to organize something, just put it out there and see if there's interest. We've had some local meet-ups in the DFW area. You just have to set a date and time, and those who can come - come, and those who can't - next time.

Amarillo is a drive from Dallas, but if something is set, I'll see if I can do it. Something in the Houston area, same thing. San Antonio - always up for SA! Gulf Coast?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sounds like fun. The DFW area is only about 4 1/2 hours for me. ( i live in the San Antonio area). Let me know when the dates are going to be, so I can fit it into my schedule.

GH

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What's the latest on this? If this is in Amarillo, I can make it too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Count me in! My schedule is a bit iffy, though. Saturdy October 7th is the best day for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

just another Texas thing

I am pulling together a Texas Alt-process gathering at my place on Saturday, October 28. Format will be show and tell, discussions, maybe some technique demonstrations, etc. I live in Kingwood (suburb of Houston). Anyone who does alt-process stuff or would like to see some work is welcome. Let me know so I can get an approximate head count......

Clay
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clay View Post
    I am pulling together a Texas Alt-process gathering at my place on Saturday, October 28. Format will be show and tell, discussions, maybe some technique demonstrations, etc. I live in Kingwood (suburb of Houston). Anyone who does alt-process stuff or would like to see some work is welcome. Let me know so I can get an approximate head count......

Clay
    I am definitely interested! (nothing to show, but I'd love to see some work)

Valerie
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clay View Post

Clay

wow, cool. What's the liklihood that there will be demo(s), and what of?
    (or maybe the better question is when do you think you'll know if you'll be having demo(s) and what of?)

-KwM-

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin