Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,922   Online: 967

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

$100 rotating darkroom doors for sale in Texas

http://search.ebay.com/darkroom-door...inZtQQsbrsrtZd

Here's a couple of rotating darkroom doors for sale in Texas. It might even cost you more in gas go pick them up than it would to buy them. They're $100 buy it now.

I've got mine already. ($75 last year from a graphic arts place in Dallas ditching all non-digital workflow)

Very cool alternative to being trapped when you gotta be dark.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wanted one for a while but the four or five hundred dollar drive is a bit much.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I got mine when a local lab closed its doors. I got it for free! They just wanted out of the building.
    Now, I drilled a small hole and placed a small lock up high to keep my kids from rotating the door around and around.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the tip. I have been kicking around the idea of building a small darkroom in my garage. Now that I have a door, I will have to do it!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I bought mine several years ago and it cost more to ship it than buy it. I bought it so my family could come down anytime and see what I was doing. sometimes I wish I hadn't!! Mostly I like that they can come and talk to me and I don't have to stop what I am doing. My grandkids are fascinated by the darkroom. So I say go for It.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HPorter
    Thanks for the tip. I have been kicking around the idea of building a small darkroom in my garage. Now that I have a door, I will have to do it!!!
    Harold,

Wonderful news. My own rotating door is the centerpiece of my darkroom, which is currently framed out in a converted 1949 one-car garage, but not sheetrocked, ventilated nor has it acquired plumbing. I do have the door, though, and after the frustration of trying to communicate with family members through the door, or telling them I'll be out in a few minutes, or being stuck twiddling my thumbs during very long development-by-inspection sessions, I'm so looking forward to being able to zip in and out of the darkroom regardless of my dark state.

And now, for tonights quiz question -- can anyone identify the major motion picture in which a rotating darkroom door figures prominantly?
    clue: it was released in 1986.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Here's a couple of rotating darkroom doors for sale in Texas.
    A rotating darkroom - wouldn't that make you a bit giddy?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Picked mine up this afternoon. It is in very reasonable condition with regard to the price. They have one left, if anyone in the Houston area is interested. They tried to talk me into buying both of them, but I don't have a need. The location is at Hwy 290 and FM 2920 near Waller if anyone in Houston is interested. Let me know and I will forward the contact info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HPorter
    Picked mine up this afternoon. It is in very reasonable condition with regard to the price. They have one left, if anyone in the Houston area is interested. They tried to talk me into buying both of them, but I don't have a need. The location is at Hwy 290 and FM 2920 near Waller if anyone in Houston is interested. Let me know and I will forward the contact info.
    Well, I would love it (and I am nearby). Maybe if they still have it later, when funds allow......
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie
    Well, I would love it (and I am nearby). Maybe if they still have it later, when funds allow......
    What's that I hear? Is that the taunting voice of a darkroom door?

"Valerie.... Vaaaalerieeee"

(*smirk*)

-KwM-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin