Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1036

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

We’re gonna be on TV!

I know some of you are familiar with the Texas Church Project. There are 5 of us: (me), Lee, Jeremy, photomc, and scootermm. We have been collaborating on shooting old, (mostly) country churches in Texas for the past year and a half. See www.texaschurchproj.com

When we started the project, we really didn’t know exactly what the end result would be, or how long we would spend at this. But, besides starting to build up a body of work, things have begun to gel for us and actually, we’re a bit busy.

Yesterday, we spent the day with a film crew from the “Texas Country Reporter”. www.texascountryreporter.com The feature should air sometime in April in all 19 Texas markets. We’ll let you know more specifically when we know. They (the TV people) took quite an interest in the large format cameras – especially scooter’s 7x17 – and the fact that we all use film. We were fascinated by their high tech video gear, and they were fascinated with 20 minute exposures and wooden tripods.

We were all interviewed on camera by the host. ("Does film have a soul?") It will be interesting to see what sound bites actually make it to the air. :o

Completely coincidentally, we have an exhibit scheduled for May (thanks to Jeremy). We’ll post more details about this as the time approaches. And (first, but not least) last summer, scooter wrote an article about the project for the online “Large Format Journal”.

Busy, busy, busy!!!

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    anyway some one can video tape this at home and get it out to someone us to have an interest?
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    anyway some one can video tape this at home and get it out to someone us to have an interest?
    Boy, I hope so. That would be interesting!!! Congrats!
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I also want a copy for me to share with PPF.
    RB
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    We'll all be running the VCRs and DVRs! (I have two VCRs myself ) But, we probably shouldn't get too excited until we actually see the show.

And, we'll be able to get a DVD of the segment. (DVD copies will also be for sale) As for distribution, we asked about putting the segment on YouTube or the like (the show has some old segments there) and were told that they cannot post any for one year from broadcast due to contractual arrangements with the stations that syndicate the show. (Please - let's not go off on a tangent about whether or not this it true. In the interest of a continued relationship, we'll respect their wishes.)

But, we'll see what we can do. Sure, we want the world to see it!

And, we can't help what someone might do themselves ...:rolleyes:
    Last edited by David Brown; 02-21-2007 at 07:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Guys, I'm not particularly religious; but you are doing the Lord's work with this project, I think. You are giving of yourselves--time, skill, craftsmanship--to a greater good.

The photographs are just lovely.

Please accept my applause, and know my appreciation.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    texas stations don't broadcast in my area.

however, if you can let us know what station and time, i might be able to find someone to make me a copy.

thanks david
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congrats guys! Judging from the project website gallery this is well deserved. I'd really like to see it when it's available so maybe a few people can mail off some dvd's and we can forward them on etc..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is wonderful! And so very deserved. You can be sure I'll record it! In these parts, when you make "Texas Country Reporter", you have made it big time!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Guys.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin