Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,500   Online: 699

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Paula Chamlee - High Plains Farm

For anyone in the Austin, TX area (or might be visiting for the spring wildflowers) the Bob Bullock Museum will have Paula Chamlee's High Plains Farm exhibit up March 3 - April 15. I recently purchased the book (it was high on my list of must have books) and it is really worth the extra trip to see this. In addition to Paula's work, Rob Kendrick's tin-type exhibit - Revealing Character is also at the Bullock.

Did not want anyone to miss the chance to see two great artist and these are a couple of my favorites...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find Paula Chamlee to one of the finest photographers currently working today. I love the graphic aspects and she has a fantastic eye for composition.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ive been looking forward to this one mike.
    We should try and go by it whenever you are down this way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i'd like to see the show, too. time for a trip down austin-way.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc View Post
    For anyone in the Austin, TX area (or might be visiting for the spring wildflowers) the Bob Bullock Museum will have Paula Chamlee's High Plains Farm exhibit up March 3 - April 15. I recently purchased the book (it was high on my list of must have books) and it is really worth the extra trip to see this. In addition to Paula's work, Rob Kendrick's tin-type exhibit - Revealing Character is also at the Bullock.

Did not want anyone to miss the chance to see two great artist and these are a couple of my favorites...
    I've been fortunate to see this body of work and a lot of Paula's other work and it is a treat for the eye, IMO. I have the book also as well as several of her others.

I wish I could see her new palladium prints and her Iceland series. I guess one can't see it all. Don't miss this exhibit.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the tip on Paula Chamlee...I just checked out http://www.michaelandpaula.com and her use of shadow and light...amazing.

That tears it, I'm buying B&W film for my 2nd 35mm body tomorrow!

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the heads up!

I was in Austin over the weekend and checked out the shows. Very nice. Both are very well presented. I have owned the book "High Plains Farm" for several years. It was nice to see the original prints. It is also was interesting to be able to see how good the quality of well produced photography books are now. Twenty or more years ago that was not the case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad this post popped up again.
    My son and his wife and children live in Austin and went to the exhibit and had nothing but raves with what they saw. They did feel the "High Plains Farm" was less interesting than the cowboy portraits of Rob Kendrick, speaking from an interested viewer point of view, not as a photographer might appreciate the show.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin