Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,305   Online: 917

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I'm currently at home horizontal in bed pumped full of muscle relaxers and unable to drive due to muscle spasms in my back so I don't think I'll be able to make it :-(
    Bummer Hope you feel better soon.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just finished loading the truck with photo gear (the whole back end....). Tomorrow I need to load up camping provisions and then my son and I are off to Guadalupe State park. Maybe I'll bump into some of y'all then. Anything happening Friday night?
    Looking forward to saturday. I REALLY wish I could stay longer but duty calls and I have to get my son to a soccer game.....
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Scott, there are a few of us (matt,david and I) heading that way in the morning - hope to run into you there.

BTW - anyone headed out this weekend, be sure to watch out for deer...they are all over and tend to run in front of you. Saw some this evening just south of New Bruanfels, 2 across the road and then 2 more right behind them..can be fun, but can scare the devil out of you when you aren't expecting them.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will be camping at Guadalupe River S.P. also. I should be setting up camp in the late afternoon Fri. I don't know anyone yet, but I will look for any suspicious characters with large view cameras and tripods If I don't see you then I will see you Sat.

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe I'll bump into you robert.
    I've only met Matt so I don't know anyone either!
    Looking forward to having some fun.
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the gathering was very nice...sure Matt will post his thoughts when he recovers from the past couple of days. There must have 20-25 good people show up, and there was some very good work shown. A special Thank You to Matt's parents for hosting everyone, and to Matt and Scott for the wet plate demos.

There were some new friends made, and old friends missed ... hope everyone had a great time.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike it was a pleasure meeting you and a lot of other great folks. James and I made it to the soccer game in time so I fulfilled that responsibility! I wish I could have spent more time there to chat some more with everyone and see everyone's work and processes.
    I also want to thank Matt and his parents for letting us do this at there home. It was a beautiful place and a wonderful day (and also to congratulate them on a being new grandparents!). Oh and Mike, that's a nice day to have a birthday!
    It was certainly my pleasure to share the wet plate plate process with more people. It's something I truly love to do and letting others see how it works it's always a lot of fun. Perhaps next time we can get people pouring plates and getting there hands black!
    Oh, and mike that is an outstanding camera you have! I'm still blown away by how light it is.
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Scott, and good to hear you and James (a very excellent young man) made it to the soccer game. Was really surprised there were so few APUG folks that showed up..Several from the Large Format Forum and a strong showing from the Austin Alt Process group were there. Would say you and Matt were a hit though, everyone (including a couple of distinguished guest from Santa Fe - Bostick and Sullivan) were interested in the demo you guys did.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for the kind words about the Texas Shindig.
    It seemed to go pretty darn well.
    Good time meeting some new people, getting to see ALOT of new and really impressive work, seeing familiar faces, and even helping scott with the collodion demo.
    Big thank you to scott for all his help with the wet plate demo (and all the equip he loaned me).
    Also, thank you to Mark Hall (not sure if he's an APUGer) for letting me use his "Company Photographer" darkbox.
    Hope that people enjoyed the get together, and hope they enjoyed the wet plate demo... especially my really efficient demo of how incredibly finnicky and unpredictable wet plate can be. David Brown's portrait had some crazing bronzing I still can't figure out.

Big thank you to Mike's wife Deb. She was an immense help.

Really enjoyed getting to finally meet Melody and Dick from Bostick & Sullivan. Nice of them to come all the way over from Santa Fe.

Thanks to everyone for attending and hope we can continue to have these get togethers.
    I really enjoyed it and had a great time.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Also, here are a few of the plates made on friday at Guadalupe River State Park and on sat morn at my parent's house.

GRSP:

Canyon Lake (parents house):

Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin