Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,846   Online: 1095

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Oakwood Cemetery - Matt Magruder

Sorry for the late notice on this, wanted to give a quick Congratulations to Matt (aka scootermm). Matt will be a guest speaker for Save Austin's Cemeteries, featuring his wet-plate and pt/pd prints from Austin's Oakwood Cemetery. The talk will be at the Oakwood Cemetery Chapel at 10 a.m. in the morning (Jan 10th).

Sorry Matt, know how you hate to self promote, but it's really great thing you are doing and wonderfull work that should not go unoticed (after Matt finishes up there, he will head to Dallas for the opening reception for the Texas Church Project Saturday evening).
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats Matt!!!!!!!

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    great news!
    those cemetary images are beautiful,
    and the church project is one of those
    things that NEEDS to be done!

wish i was in TX!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt's work is awesome...and he is one of the most helpful and patient people I've met on the net.

Congrats, Matt!

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congratulations Matt!

Valerie
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike thank you so much for posting this and thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement.

The talk seemed to go pretty well. There were probably 15+ people there. Spent a little while talking "bio" stuff (how I got into photography, the old cameras, old processes, my interests etc)
    Then got into the talking about the prints and plates I had laid out to show people. Talked about the pt/pd process, then spent alot of time talking and "demoing" the wet plate process. People were very interested in that part of the work. How it can and does still get done, the steps involved, etc. Ended up talking for nearly 2hrs.
    Even though I don't feel all that comfortable doing the whole public speaking thing, it seemed to go well and I think I only made an a** of myself once or twice.
    The best time was when I was showing people the vertical silver tank and I pulled out the dipper and wiped it off with my palm... a few minutes later I have a completely black palm and I said ".... and this is what silver nitrate does to your skin when you don't wear gloves"

thanks again all for the kind words.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin