Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,620   Online: 1255

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Time to arrange a gathering??? I'd be up for that.
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Sure. If it's a weekend when I'm in Houston I'm up for anything. What did y'all have in mind? Lee is promoting an expedition out toward Washington-on-the-Brazos the weekend of the 24-25 the Texas Photo Forum. I found out today that I probably can't go that far that weekend.

Closer to home, what can we do & when? Weeknight? Weekend?
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas Rain forest. Apprentice Analog Activist.
    ... And to paraphrase Yoda, there is no how, only do.
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wayne: Bummed to hear you might not make it.

I thought I'd post a link to the current 'when can you make it' poll in case anyone here at APUG wanted to join in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd be happy just to get together for dinner..... too much going on right now for a day-long event for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I'd be happy just to get together for dinner..... too much going on right now for a day-long event for me.
    I can do that. Lee has new toys for Show & Tell. I have a new toy or 2.

Valerie, say where and when.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas Rain forest. Apprentice Analog Activist.
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    oh no! The pressure!

I'll see what I can come up with... but suggestions are welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i'd be up for a dinner meeting as well. Like Valerie, I have a ton of stuff going on right now, but its mostly good.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    oh no! The pressure!

I'll see what I can come up with... but suggestions are welcome.
    Suggestion: Lisa & I really enjoyed the steakhouse in Montgomery where they had the wine festival. We could plan a late lunch/early dinner and anyone who wanted to wander around Montgomery with a camera before/after would be free to do so.

Any other location with good eats and a similar setting would be fine. Clay, somewhere in The Woodlands that would lend itself to an informal photo outing before or after a meal? It's getting dark fairly early now. I would like to try my hand at evening photos.

Someplace where folks like me coming from Cypress-Copperfield won't get tied up in RenFest traffic going to/from.

Could that work?
    Wayne
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a few brew-pub places in the Woodlands located right by the waterway. I have gotten some interesting night-time photo stuff there. We could do dinner and then walk the loop around the riverwalk. It is about an hour or so at a leisurely pace. With the early light, that might be a good alternative. There is enough artificial light along the way to make taking pictures handheld with fast film not much of a problem with a 1.4 or 1.7 lens
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clay View Post
    There are a few brew-pub places in the Woodlands located right by the waterway. I have gotten some interesting night-time photo stuff there. We could do dinner and then walk the loop around the riverwalk. It is about an hour or so at a leisurely pace. With the early light, that might be a good alternative. There is enough artificial light along the way to make taking pictures handheld with fast film not much of a problem with a 1.4 or 1.7 lens
    Clay,

That sounds perfect. I'm going home this weekend. I'll be in Houston the weekend of Oct. 24-25.

The Harrison Changing Tent is fabulous! I can't imagine photography without it.

Wayne
    Wayne
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin