Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,749   Online: 952

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

I'm leaving Texas...

I'm leaving Texas and moving to Iowa. This pretty much means that my darkroom days are over, and I've posted my print washers for sale in the Classified section. The paper and chemistry that I have will go n/c to anyone who will come and pick the stuff up, and I'll take offers on everything else.
    This move came up kind of suddenly, and I haven't had time to list all my equipment for sale. I'll put it up for sale after the move, I guess, unless some Texans are interested in taking a look.
    I print with a wall mounted LPL 4500 XL with El Nikkor lenses, an 8' sink with Hass Intellifaucet, StopClock timer, etc. It'll all be for sale sooner or later, I'm sad to say...

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take it all with you if at all possible, work from a temporary set-up.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1... don't throw in the towel!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Why are your darkroom days over? Is there some other life change going on?

I'm pretty sure they have dark in Iowa.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Why are your darkroom days over? Is there some other life change going on?

I'm pretty sure they have dark in Iowa.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure dark is universal too. All you have to do is take away the light and what's left is dark.

Couple of windows to cover. Maybe a little crack under a bathroom door to put a towel across. Presto. Dark.

Maybe not a big darkroom. But a darkroom none the less. A small darkroom is better than no darkroom.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, a small dr is better than no dr. Don't give up!

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the encouragement, but my withdrawal from the darkroom is, to a great extent, voluntary. I've built the nicest imaginable darkroom in my present home but just haven't used it much in the last five years. I'm retired and have the time for darkroom work, I suppose, but my creative energies have shifted from the visual arts to music, and I spend my discretionary time with an instrument in my hands, instead of a camera. Still, it's sad to think that I've made my last prints, but life goes on and music is what I want to do with my remaining years.
    Thanks again for the kind words, I appreciate them...

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope you find someone that loves having pieces of your darkroom, and good for you for following your heart.

It'll be good to have you closer to Minnesota again, Gary. Perhaps we could finally meet up some time to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Resoman View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement, but my withdrawal from the darkroom is, to a great extent, voluntary. I've built the nicest imaginable darkroom in my present home but just haven't used it much in the last five years. I'm retired and have the time for darkroom work, I suppose, but my creative energies have shifted from the visual arts to music, and I spend my discretionary time with an instrument in my hands, instead of a camera. Still, it's sad to think that I've made my last prints, but life goes on and music is what I want to do with my remaining years.
    Thanks again for the kind words, I appreciate them...

Gary
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi, Thomas -

Good to hear from you! I'm sure I'll get to the Twin Cities now and then...

Gary

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Resoman View Post
    Still, it's sad to think that I've made my last prints, but life goes on and music is what I want to do with my remaining years.
    If you're sad then perhaps you've not. As Thomas said, follow your heart, and enjoy. And I'll add don't second guess Life; she often has some tricks up her sleeve.

s-a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin