Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,896   Posts: 1,584,311   Online: 908

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm

Guide to Archival Picture Framing

We have republished a guide to framing photographs from the Image Permanence Institute here:
    http://www.framedestination.com/pict...omponents.html

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting indeed, much of which I had learned and actively practiced with my framers since 1993. I have always specified Crescent Rag Mat (5 or 9-ply) and TruVue UV retardant glass for exhibiting Ilfochromes under spots. The cost of framing an image like this (chiefly Ilfochromes) has risen dramatically since the start in the early-1990s.

A typo for correction, http://www.framedestination.com/photo_preservation.html

The more this happens, the more the image faces. This process is called photolysis.

~should be fades?
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post

The more this happens, the more the image faces. This process is called photolysis.

~should be fades?
    Thanks for letting us know...I have fixed they typo.

Cheers,
    Mark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin