Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,749   Online: 955

Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format

New FLM Video with Ball Head and Large Format Camera

Hi,

Just a note to let you know that I have posted a new FLM video, this one featuring the FLM CB-58FTR ball head with a very heavy Kodak Master 8x10 camera.

Music courtesy of Dweezil Zappa.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Ari; 06-05-2013 at 04:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I saw the tripod , camera and ballhead over the weekend very impressive equipment Ari.

Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hey Bob, thank you, and it was great meeting you last week-end.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't you need a lens though Ari

I was always very wary of ball heads but have a small (3 year old) Slik (Digital) tripod that fits inside a small backpack and they are so much better than when I first used one in the 1960's.

That's an interesting video, an excellent ball-head, but it also shows how camera/tripod stabitily depends on good positioning of the tripod socket on a camera, so that it's well balanced, poor positioning affects all tripod heads.

Ian

Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Don't you need a lens though Ari

I was always very wary of ball heads but have a small (3 year old) Slik (Digital) tripod that fits inside a small backpack and they are so much better than when I first used one in the 1960's.

That's an interesting video, an excellent ball-head, but it also shows how camera/tripod stabitily depends on good positioning of the tripod socket on a camera, so that it's well balanced, poor positioning affects all tripod heads.

Ian
    A lens is great, especially when making photos
    I was always a 3-way head user, and staunchly believed that a ball head was so wrong for large format, but I've been proven wrong by these little marvels of engineering.
    The tilt lock makes leveling a breeze.

Thanks, Ian.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin