Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,249   Posts: 1,680,420   Online: 882

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm

New anti-reflective water-white glass

Ever since I started Frame Destination I have wanted to offer a high quality anti-reflective water-white glass. Unfortunately what was available on the market until recently had too many issues with handling and orientation. GroGlass has recently created a new product called Artglass that is just what I was waiting for and we are now carrying it. In addition to being so water-white and anti-reflective it is difficult to tell there is anything there, it has no handling issues. Either side can go against the artwork, both sides are scratch resistant, and there are no special cleaning requirements. We have a version with UV filter and without UV filter. The UV filter is 90% vs 99% to help offer better visibility.

We have also added regular UV-filter glass.

You can check out all of them here:
    http://www.framedestination.com/Pict...ame-Glass.html

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Great! and price is very reasonable for the 16x20 AR glass.

Thanks!

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 08-01-2014 at 06:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    How does the price compare to AR glass from Larson or the other glass suppliers??

QUOTE=fdi;1680477]Ever since I started Frame Destination I have wanted to offer a high quality anti-reflective water-white glass. Unfortunately what was available on the market until recently had too many issues with handling and orientation. GroGlass has recently created a new product called Artglass that is just what I was waiting for and we are now carrying it. In addition to being so water-white and anti-reflective it is difficult to tell there is anything there, it has no handling issues. Either side can go against the artwork, both sides are scratch resistant, and there are no special cleaning requirements. We have a version with UV filter and without UV filter. The UV filter is 90% vs 99% to help offer better visibility.

We have also added regular UV-filter glass.

You can check out all of them here:
    http://www.framedestination.com/Pict...ame-Glass.html[/QUOTE]

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Bob, the Artglass prices are similar to the TruVue prices where the product features are the same. For instance, Artglass AR/UV will be similar price to Museum glass, however, Artglass AR without UV will be less expensive. One of the problems that we have is there is not a lot of sizes being brought into the US at this time so we have to charge for cutting and scrap for just about all our sizes except 16x20. That is why our 16x20 price will be so much lower than our other sizes, and much lower than even 16x21. Although the price is similar, I feel Artglass quality is higher. Museum glass has an orange peel effect that can be seen if you look closely at certain angle and I have run into issues with black specs. I have not encountered either issue with the Artglass. However, if you are really concerned with UV filtier then Museum glass is better. UV filters have other issues in that they do not really provide full protection and they can cause color shift issues with papers that have optical brighteners.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    fdi, not a framing question per se, but I'm wondering if it might be possible to order some of this particular glass cut down to sizes I might use to construct a negative carrier. I'm asking because I've been experimenting over the years with different types of both optical and framing glass in negative carriers. GroGlass is one I've wanted to try but could never get a response from them directly.

Apologies for the odd request but figured I'd ask anyway. What would be the smallest size one could order? Etc.

Michael

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Michael, we cut down to 3x3 with an accuracy of 1/16 of an inch. If this is not small enough, or accurate enough you might consider getting a reasonably small piece and then cutting it yourself to the final size. You would need to get enough oversize to allow you to score and snap it down to the final size.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    fdi, not a framing question per se, but I'm wondering if it might be possible to order some of this particular glass cut down to sizes I might use to construct a negative carrier. I'm asking because I've been experimenting over the years with different types of both optical and framing glass in negative carriers. GroGlass is one I've wanted to try but could never get a response from them directly.

Apologies for the odd request but figured I'd ask anyway. What would be the smallest size one could order? Etc.

Michael

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin