Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,059   Posts: 1,611,252   Online: 950

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Revised information about refining silver colected with the silvermagnet

apug users, and others who may read this and have an interest in the silver magnet ..

since i first started selling these small devices the silver market has changed a bit.
    you may or may not remember, the price of silver just a few years ago was about $43 / troy oz, now it is much lower.

the refining marketplace is dynamic as well, and fees and price structures associated with refining
    silver recovered on a silver magnet have also changed.

michael at ecm has posted their price schedule in the silver magnet thread.
    there is a refiner in england i have posted about as well ( JBR ... and the person i originally spoke with has retired )
    but they no longer offer 90% back for the recovered pure silver, and are are a variety of fees involved ...
    sampling fees to other fees that add up if you are a small volume, small silver magnet user.
    the sampling fee alone is quite expensive, and what was suggested was that
    people who use the magnet throughout the EU & UK might get together and the economies of scale
    would help reduce the fees . unless you are friends with people who also use the magnet
    i dont really think that will be feasible, unless you start a users group in the group area here on apug
    and connect with eachother that way ...

also, in the states, my understanding is the person who sends in a magnet full of silver
    is paid $1 / troy oz received, and then $1.75/ times 90% of the total troy oz received.
    (the silver recovered ( silver flake as it is called ) is not 100% pure silver, it is about 90% pure in the end )
    there is a $50 minimum.

as i have said, use the magnet until it is FULL, and you will get a bit of money, you won't get rich by any means
    but, you will be better compensated for the silver.

i hope the refining fees and current silver prices / climate, dont dissuade you from removing the silver from your waste stream ..
    Last edited by jnanian; 01-05-2015 at 03:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin