Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,880   Online: 1030

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FREE FREIGHT from FORMULARY

Photographers Formulary wishes all of APUG members, readers, sponsors,etc a Merry Christmas. Our gift to you this year is Free Freight from now thru December 31, 06. So it is your chance to get a load of that heavy liquid developer, TF4, Pounds of powders, kits of all kinds, actually anything we sell will be shipped free. Just go to our web site www.photoformulary.com and get the details by downloading the newsletter. Of course there are a few but not many restrictions. Minimum order $50.00. We get to choose the freight carrier. Ground service only. See our web site.

FIY we got the annual letter today from UPS and FEDX giving us the details of this years rate increases. Isn't it amazing that both companies get their letters to the customer on the same day!!?? Anyway rates are increasing 4.5% to 11% depending on the service. Isn't it amazing that both companies raise the rates the same amount on the same services??

So go to the web site, download the newsletter, and stock up now.

Merry Christmas from the Formulary crew.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is for your Canadian customers too I would imagine?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Eric;

There is somewhat of a formula that we have tried to establish. IE we will credit non continental USA customers with the frieght charge of the closest US city to you. If you live in BC Canada, we will credit the freight charge to Seattle and ask you for the actual difference to BC. I believe the newsletter covers this. Hope this works for you. The savings should still be substantial.

Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    This is for your Canadian customers too I would imagine?
    I haven't checked to see if mail is included,but it is the only economical way of shipping to Canada. UPS and FedX brokerage charges won't work
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne View Post
    I haven't checked to see if mail is included,but it is the only economical way of shipping to Canada. UPS and FedX brokerage charges won't work
    Mark
    As an occasional eBay seller, I'll certainly agree with you on that point. I'd started refusing CDN buyers after getting "burned" by UPS on the brokerage fee (I guess after the buyer refused to pay it - they came after me - I similarly told them to "sexually self-satisfy themselves").

Then a CDN buyer "convinced" me to sell to him and ship First Class via the good old Post Office. I was sceptical but did so. He got the item (a piece of ham radio gear) in a couple of days and the postage charges were m/l the same as domestic US for the distance.

Oh, and, of course, there was no "brokerage fee".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    As an occasional eBay seller, I'll certainly agree with you on that point. I'd started refusing CDN buyers after getting "burned" by UPS on the brokerage fee (I guess after the buyer refused to pay it - they came after me - I similarly told them to "sexually self-satisfy themselves").

Then a CDN buyer "convinced" me to sell to him and ship First Class via the good old Post Office. I was sceptical but did so. He got the item (a piece of ham radio gear) in a couple of days and the postage charges were m/l the same as domestic US for the distance.

Oh, and, of course, there was no "brokerage fee".
    Actually George, there is a "handling fee" that Canada Customs and Canada Post sometimes charge. It seems to be arbitrary whether or not the recipient is required to pay it, although the value of the item (and the taxes and duties (if any) due) may factor into it. The handling fee is relatively reasonable, however - usually approximately $5.00-$10.00. The problem is that the fee, the taxes and the duties are either collected Cash on Delivery (and they don't make change!!!) or they end up taking the item back to the nearby post office, where you have to arrange to go pick them up.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    eBay must be the best thing that ever happened to Canada Customs and the brokerage companies. Bandits all.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    eBay must be the best thing that ever happened to Canada Customs and the brokerage companies. Bandits all.
    Actually Eriic, I think that by far and away the greatest beneficiaries of eBay and the internet in general are the post offices and the delivery companies.

If I understand it correctly, it is UPS and FedEx who collect their "brokerage" charges - they don't farm it out to a customs broker.

In the case of Canada Customs' handling fee, the irony is that frequently the largest single portion of the funds they collect is (in BC) the provincial sales tax. In Alberta, that probably isn't something you would realize .

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And the shipping newsletter is...... where? After I logged on? It's probably obvious but I couldn't finde it while starting an order.

Thank's Bud,

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    And the shipping newsletter is...... where? After I logged on? It's probably obvious but I couldn't finde it while starting an order.

Thank's Bud,

Curt
    Curt, I think he meant the shipping info can be found in their regular newsletter, which is at the very bottom on the left side, after clicking the link he gave above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin