Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,203   Online: 859

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I'd be up for 25 grams. Now if we could only get the paper that cheap too!
    Weston Diploma Parchment is very inexpensive for palladium printing.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fabriano Artistico is not that expensive either...

Warmly
    Tsuyoshi

p.s.: Don, I am working on a print for you...
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please count me in for 25 g.

THANKS!!

Gerhard

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnya View Post
    Hi everyone,

I will be organizing a group purchase of Palladium Chloride again. We will order a pack of 25 grams like last time. Let me know how many packs you would like to order. 25g can make a lot of prints (someone did math for it), and it will last forever.
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any idea when this will happen? Trying to figure how long what I have will last as I cannot be without. If before the end of January, count me in for 25 - perhaps 50. Thanks.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill,

I would say mid January. It usually take time to get everything together. Let me know either way.

Warmly,

Tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Any idea when this will happen? Trying to figure how long what I have will last as I cannot be without. If before the end of January, count me in for 25 - perhaps 50. Thanks.

Bill
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Please include me in for 25g - thank you!

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinnya View Post
    I would say mid January.
    Thank you Tsuyoshi. Count me in for 25 for now.

Best,

Bill

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Bulk Pd Purchase

I don't usually get involved in threads such as this one for a variety of reasons, but I feel strongly in this case. It is my opinion that given the relatively small price difference between Bostick and Sullivan's offer to APUG members (see thread in this forum), the members of APUG should be supporting one of the sponsors of this site. There are other reasons as well. But first, may I point out that if indeed the price from the "alternate source" is $9/gm, unless you are buying more than 40 grams of Pd, the offer from B&S is a better one financially with the ferric oxalate factored in. And you will need ferric oxalate to use along with that Pd you are buying. Even without the FeOx, a 15% price premium for 25 grams is still only $37.50. I understand the desire to keep costs down only too well. I work in 12x20 format and print with a 50-50 mixture of Pt-Pd. But I still purchase my materials from B&S and pay a premium for the services they provide.

I will give you an example of what I'm talking about. Last June, I was teaching a week-long Pd printing class at the Cleveland Institute of Art. The first day of printing, we discovered the entire batch of Platinotype had the dreaded black dot disease. I called Kevin at 4:00pm from the Institute and told him of the problem. They had just received a fresh batch of Platinotype that day. Kevin Fed Exed replacement paper overnight to the Institute for 10:30am delivery at no charge. The bad news as most know by now is that even the new batch had black dot disease. I confirmed the problem by bringing in some of my own stash of Platinotype for the class to try which proved to be good. We finished the class with some of my own COT320. Later, Melody gave me full credit for the COT320 that we used from my own stash. Now that is service!! Will the person coordinating the Pd purchase do that for you? Read Dana's offer again. Will the alternate source mix the Pd for you including the NaCl?

I am going to go out on a limb and make the statement that probably none of you would be making Pt-Pd prints were it not for Bostick and Sullivan. They pioneered the resurgence of this process back in the 70s. The Palladio Company tried to make a run of it for a number of years, but they are out of business. Other chemical supply houses came along after B&S started offering Pt-Pd chemistry. If any of you are using NA2, I guarantee you that you would not be using it today were it not for the R&D done by Richard Sullivan and the introduction of NA2 as a contrast agent at APIS 2001 in Santa Fe.

If the price difference were 35%, 40% or more, I might understand, but the difference is miniscule in the grand scheme of things and I believe you should be supporting Bostick and Sullivan, a sponsor of this site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since I agreed to buy 25g in this deal I'll do so (and I did so before seeing the B&S offer), but I'll also be buying 25g from B&S as I agree with you, Bob. And as you said, it comes out to be a better deal with the free 135g of FO and free mixing of the Pd (I don't know if I could go through all 135g of FO before that went south).

We could also transfer the deal to buying 25g portions from B&H at the higher price (but with the FO) and would not mind at all buying all 50g from B&H instead, but I'll not pull out of this deal unless it's okay with Tsuyoshi and he still has enough purchasers to make the deal go through.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'll probably purchase from both. As I'm already sitting on a boat load of FO powder. I wasn't aware of the B&S deal, thanks for pointing it out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin