Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,859   Online: 1066

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am inclined to agree with bobherbst, but like Jeremy, don't want to screw up Tsuyoshi. I think we need to hear from Tsuyoshi as to whether he's gotten a firm price per gram, committed to an order or what. We should also hear what Tsuyoshi thinks about bobherbst's POV. If the difference is only a couple of bucks he may agree as well. I inquired earlier in the thread if this was a B+S purchase because I had been hoping it was, but decided to go along with the group.

Tsuyoshi, do you see the value to the community of bobherbst's idea? How far along are you with another supplier?

Thanks
    Neal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As much as I like to support the old timers and old that, giving someone a monopoly is a problem in my book.

I'm fairly new to the scene, but I already noted that SOME paper is a lot more expensive than some other, equivalent paper not prised by photographers... and SOME transparent film too, and that applies to brushes etc as well.

What I'm saying is that diversity - and having several source for material - can never be bad. I do appreciate the fantastic support of the sponsors, but I don't think it's a good idea to stop looking in different places. It's healthier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having not committed yet, I think I am going to pull out of this deal for now in that I need to keep the supply coming and it looks as though this is going to turn into another problem. I am hoping that at this early stage it will not screw you up Tsuyoshi.

Perhaps bobherbst should organize another buy for those that wish to remain loyal and need some free FO?

Bill

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What's the latest with this? I am almost out of Pd and need to buy some very soon. Are we going forward? What's the price and estimated delivery?
    Thanks
    Neal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you update. I am still waiting to hear from one more supplier. As soon as I hear from this place, we should be able to decide which one we should go to.

I also talked to B&S about the purchase. They say they would be willing to work with us. So, their price will be part of the comparison too.

This kind of purchase usually takes time, so if you are in rush you should take advantage of the offer from B&S.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact me. Thanks for your patience.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone,

I finally got the quote I was waiting for. I will collect people's email addresses and send a message to confirm everyone's order. Thank you for your patient.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too would like to take part in this purchase as I am just getting started. Please be sure to send me the info. thanks.

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Pd purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnya View Post
    Hi everyone,

I finally got the quote I was waiting for. I will collect people's email addresses and send a message to confirm everyone's order. Thank you for your patient.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    Tsuyoshi....I would like to participate in the purchase again. Please note that I would be in for 100 grams. Thanks again for your work on this purchase.

Tav Walraven

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Tsuyoshi,

Just in case you didn't get my pm, I'd like 25g. Please forward info at your convenience. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Anyone who wants to join other than who already expressed an interest here, please send me an email directly. PM is not quite convenient for me. Make sure to include how much you would want too.

I will send out the outline of how it works over this weekend. Thanks.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    Last edited by Shinnya; 01-12-2007 at 05:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin