Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,630   Online: 984

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Ilford prices going up Feb. 1 in North America

Sorry for the sad news but my Ilford rep called this morning to let me know about a price increase on Ilford products on Feb. 1.
    I'm sure this just involves the North American dealers who purchase through the Ilford distributor here.
    The price will be going up around 7% on Ilford films, papers and chemicals.
    Ilford will honour the old prices on orders placed before Feb. 1 IF THEY HAVE IT IN STOCK.

Just thought you might want to know.

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I'm sure this just involves the North American dealers who purchase through the Ilford distributor here.
    I imagine it will go up more for those who don't; the 35% decline in the dollar since Geo W. came to power has wrought havoc with many goods priced in hard currency*, though today the dollar was around $1.92 to the £ sterling, rather than being on the far side of $1.95. Ilford (like most companies) tries to 'eat' as much currency devaluation as it can, but the continuing weakness of the dollar is a problem.

*The usual suspects will accuse me of America-bashing, but in fact I am referring principally to the Renminbini Yuan here.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sure am glad I bought 20 rolls of HP5+ from Hunt's Photo last month!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't this the second increase in about six months?

They may just drive more folks to third party films and papers if they keep going up.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually, I was just noticing the the prices that Freestyle has on their Fuji Neopan... I might have to try some. I doubt it will be able to tempt me away from Ilford films, though, even with a 7% increase.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm, cost of silver, other raw materials or the currancy spread? I am slowly becoming an Ilford Paper, chemicals and film fan, this could get expensive but at least they are still around. I rather support a firm that is enthusiastic about film photography.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Hmm, cost of silver, other raw materials or the currancy spread?
    Oil price...

I don't know how optimistic people are in general, but if the U.S. and its allies attack Iran later this year or something, as an example, the oil distribution from that region will shut down, and we'll suffer greatly from getting the goods that we normally do because a lot of them use oil for packaging(plastic) and delivering(fuel).

That won't help stabilize the prices on photo supplies, either. That's for sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    7% doesn't seem too much to me, reminds me of all the people who freak out over 1 cent variations in petrol prices here, in the long run the difference is still just a few cents, no matter how much you buy. If they have to up the price they have to up the price, if Ilford's done anything here it's shown it isn't just an evil money-grabbing corporation from the second moon of Saturn.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    Oil price...

I don't know how optimistic people are in general, but if the U.S. and its allies attack Iran later this year or something, as an example, the oil distribution from that region will shut down, and we'll suffer greatly from getting the goods that we normally do because a lot of them use oil for packaging(plastic) and delivering(fuel).

That won't help stabilize the prices on photo supplies, either. That's for sure.
    Invading Iran will only play into the hands of the digi-heads. Reason enough to reconsider.

Somehow, I think the Iranians would be the ones to suffer, but I could be wrong . . .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wish my health insurance premiums would only go up 7% a year. Nobody likes increased prices but if it keeps the materials I love to use in my camera bag and darkroom then I will deal with it....even it I don't like it.

Regards,
    John

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin