Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,026   Online: 1036

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That one hurts, I usally tease at least I saw my team (the Habs) win the stanley cup in my lifetime and in the 1970's beating the Soviets in person.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nah lots of 70s kids routed for the Habs. Some even for the Flyers :rolleyes:

The way to tell Montrealers is they think baseball is a sport.

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Bobino circa 1958

Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    ... Or you only had French TV available!
    I don't recall whether Bonbino drank Red Rose.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    I thought it was Tetley Tea.
    Nope, definitely Red Rose.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    For years I was able to purchase Red Rose tea down here in NYC in just about any supermarket. Used to even have a collection of those little porcelin "charms" they put in the boxes.

Not sure if I can still get it - but only because I haven't looked. My wife has "improved" my tea tastes beyond the orange pekoe blends so nowadays I favor a nice smoky Lapsong Suchang from one of the "specialty" purveyors!
    George: The Red Rose blend was downgraded ("New and Improved!") some time ago, so even if you could still purchase it in NYC, it wouldn't be the same.

I'm with you, though on the favourite... Lapsong Suchang is my choice for black/fermented teas. I call it "peat moss tea"; a good Islay malt as a chaser seems appropriate.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar View Post
    Nope, definitely Red Rose.
    You're right. Tetley was the one with "The Tea that dares to be known by good taste alone" ad, I think when they were introducing it to Canada.

I buy black Oolong tea from my favourite Chinese Store.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

I grew up in Saskatchewan (70's) and most of us cheered for the Habs. One guy down the street was a Leaf's fan. We snow-balled his house regularly. I live in BC now and "Leaf's" is a four-letter word here.
    Anyways, what is a Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder system??

You lot better keep out of the sportsbar in Barbados- it's owned by the Senators. Good Dacquiris though.

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

we had two stations.... CBC French and CBC English.
    C'mon guys, admit it. We all watched the French CBC for one reason and one reason alone. If you tuned in long enough and stayed up late enough, you'd have a good chance at seeing a nipple. Those 70's Quebec movies were gold!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I grew up in Saskatchewan (70's) and most of us cheered for the Habs. One guy down the street was a Leaf's fan. We snow-balled his house regularly. I live in BC now and "Leaf's" is a four-letter word here.
    Anyways, what is a Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder system??
    I never understood the blind devotion of Leafs fans, I figure they all drank the kool aid.

The Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder system is a 35mm rangefinder camera using the same lensmount as the Leica M mount Cameras (M7, M8, MP etc). It is made for Carl Zeiss by Cosina and the lens system has some really nice pieces of glass. The ZI system is priced between the Voightlander and Leica and to my knowledge Rob of Big Camera Workshops is the only dealer north of the imaginary line.

I know where I am getting my 50 f2 Planar when I am ready to buy.

PS I am partial to loose leaf earl gray from the House of Tea in Toronto.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin