Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,060   Online: 1122

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've probably told this story elsewhere here, but...

I was born in Toronto, and my family moved here when I was five. My parents lived all their life in Toronto, except for my father who spent the 2nd World War in British Columbia.

When my father's father retired he, like a lot of veterans from the 1st World War, got a part time job with Maple Leaf Gardens.

He had a number of duties there, but the best one for us was that, at the end of the Leaf games, he was often the one who had the task of holding the penalty box door for the "Three Stars". This meant that once a week, on Saturdays, during the Hockey Season, there was a good chance that we would be eating dinner at the TV tables in the living room, and we might just catch a glimpse of Grandpa on TV, from 3000 miles away.

I am not sure whether most of those who weren't living in Canada during those years can understand what Hockey Night in Canada means to many of us.

My perspective may even be strange for those who live in the east - the Saturday games come on in the evening there.

If nothing else, I hope this might explain why that, except for when the Vancouver Canucks are playing, I tend to be a Leaf fan.

Guess some just like to suffer .

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Matt: No suffering last night ... great game. Before the game started, I told my wife that Tucker and Sundin needed to step up. Tucker really came through. No points for Sundin, but he played a strong game.

Rob: Good game for you to work!
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My son in London said I was on TV. I was standing behind Ron leaning on the boards when CBC did the pregame show. Red coat with a white 300 F2.8
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin