Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,491   Online: 868

Shooter
    35mm

Rollei Infrared IR400

ROLLEI Infrared IR400

We now have Rollei Infrared film in stock in both 35mm and 120 formats. Sheet film (5x4 only) will be available in a few weeks time. We will also be importing a number of other Rollei products and will post a message as soon as the full range is available.

Unlike Kodak High Speed Infrared or Efke IR820, Rollei IR400 is very fine-grained and has excellent resolution and tonality, exhibiting superb detail in the highlights and shadows. The film is 400 ASA (25 ASA for IR use) and as a result of its quality can be used for both infrared and standard b&w photography on the same roll. You do need to use a deep red or stronger filter to get the best infrared effects, so the results are more similar to SFX 200 or Konica Infrared than to other IR films. For product information, including examples and comparisons, please visit:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/store/rollei_infrared.html

We are offering Rollei IR400 at permanently low prices, and the more you buy, the cheaper it gets. Discounts start when you purchase three rolls or more. We have a limited supply at the moment, so buy now to avoid disappointment. We will be taking delivery of a new shipment later this month, and expect to be able to meet demand without any back orders. For purchasing details, just follow the link below:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/store/cart/Rollei-p-1-c-264.html
    --Jon Mided

Digitaltruth Photo
    http://www.digitaltruth.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot some Rollei 4x5 Ir recently with a Hoya r72 filster. I needed to rate the film at ei 1, or even less, to get any shadow detail using Pyrocat HD. I'm not complaining, but simply pointing out that it's EI might not be close to 25 in similar circumstances.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    I shot some Rollei 4x5 Ir recently with a Hoya r72 filster. I needed to rate the film at ei 1, or even less, to get any shadow detail using Pyrocat HD. I'm not complaining, but simply pointing out that it's EI might not be close to 25 in similar circumstances.
    I shot this film rated at 12 (also use hoya r72), developed in pyrocat HD 1:1:100 for 15 min at 20C. Agitate first minute, after that 3 inversions each minute. I'm not satisfied completely, i think it must be somewhat shorter next time. Te negs are a little to dense.

result:

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Hi Peter,

We have a number of people performing tests on the film to determine more development times. A lot of data has been gathered prior to our testing which indicates that an EI of 25 works well, although in some cases you may want to open up a further stop (12 ISO). We currently have no published data for Pyrocat HD, so you may need to use a stronger dilution or longer time (see Willie Jan's example above). If you are able to get good results, please let me know so that I can add the data to the Massive Dev Chart.
    --Jon Mided

Digitaltruth Photo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    when rated at 1 you still do not get a good image, can't it be the pyro that is causing the problem?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Jan View Post
    when rated at 1 you still do not get a good image, can't it be the pyro that is causing the problem?
    It could be, but the developer worked perfectly well with Maco 120 IR and Maco prototype 4x5 IR. Highlights are ok, but the negs exposed at EI 4 had no shadow detail whatsoever. (Half of the negatives are clear.)

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure which version of Maco IR you are referring to, but Rollei IR400 is a completely different film than the old Maco IR820c which is in now sold as Ekfe IR820. It is also different from the recent prototype emulsion, although if you had a prototype sample, it would probably depend on when you did the testing.
    --Jon Mided

Digitaltruth Photo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I shot the old 820 at IE 3
    but never developed with pyro...

I'm also in the test team.
    When the weather clears up, i go outside.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin