Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,881   Posts: 1,520,510   Online: 835

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Pentax K mount seems like a slightly odd choice, but that may just be a North American bias where the only real Pentax sales in the last 20 years have been K1000's and clones to first-time photography students. I wonder if Pentax has other more sophisticated K-mount cameras they sell in Japan only?
    Probably a low marginal cost in offering K-mount as well as M42. And don't Pentax digi SLRs accept K-mount? I couldn't believe how good the 25/2.8 made the Nikon D70 look.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't suppose that Zeiss will ever get around to Minolta MD mount, but at least it's something to dream of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    And don't Pentax digi SLRs accept K-mount? I couldn't believe how good the 25/2.8 made the Nikon D70 look.

The Pentax DSLR's do take K mount lenses, which is why these new Zeiss lenses are so appealing to me.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller View Post
    The Pentax DSLR's do take K mount lenses, which is why these new Zeiss lenses are so appealing to me.
    Betcha that's it then. The 25/2.8 is STUNNING on digi. And bloody good on film too.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Pentax K mount seems like a slightly odd choice
    Pentax K and Nikon F are the only two lens mounts that (a) have been in use for more than 30 years and (b) are still current on DSLRs. PK is also really easy to implement from an engineering point of view.

The KX/MX/LX crowd together with those Pentax DSLR users who want more high quality prime options ought to be plenty enough to make this line successful. The 25 in particular fills a critical gap in the semi-wide range for APS-C.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    No/not many LX's in the US, then?

Steve
    I've had three LXs. One of them (brand new) disappeared in a home burglary, one is nearly worn out, and one is still virtually new. The problem was always getting decent repar service from Pentax.
    I've always felt that my SMCP lenses were superb, in fact even better optically than my M-Leica lenses, except for a DR Summicron which I stupidly gave to a friend.
    I can't imagine that the Zeiss lenses are any better, although they may have more rugged mechanical parts (I presume that they are non-autofocus).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chazzy, doesn't zeiss make lenses for the Sony/Minolta mount right now? Or is that a slightly different mount?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Andrew- that's for the Minolta AF mount, not the MD mount. Like the Canon EOS and FD, totally incompatible.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller View Post
    With the new K10D getting some pretty good reviews, as reviews go that is, the Zeiss lens availability for Pentax brings the brand to attention. Pentax is now owned by Hoya.

Optics for the Pentax are bid quite heavily depending on the FL/lens and even a used 24mm in E+ condition at KEH is $300. Not near the Zeiss prices tho, but substantially more then finding a good used Nikon 24mm. When I have the money I'll buy the 25mm and put it on a Pentax.
    W.A. Crider

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    Betcha that's it then. The 25/2.8 is STUNNING on digi. And bloody good on film too.
    We should also bear in mind that Zeiss designed the Pentax K-mount

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin