Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,012   Posts: 1,524,694   Online: 759

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    From my understanding, when Sean had it beta he wasn't happy with the performance, and is working on some new code. Maybe he'll give us an update.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey J,

Congratulations on the publication of your first book, "Exposure Record"!

I've been using several different versions of photo log books on and off for years and there always seems to be flaw with these books that causes me to stop using them. The most recent 'exposure record' book I've used is called "All Weather Photo Journal" by Rite In the Rain. It measures 3" wide x 5" which is way too small. If it was the size of your book, it would be perfect. Sometimes it's difficult to write in micro-mini print when it's 0 degrees out or when the light is changing fast, so, when I saw your book I got one immediately (this past Saturday).

If the paper in your book is 'all-weather' paper (water-proof/water-resistant) that would be great! If not, perhaps your second edition could use this type of paper. For more info on the paper I'm talking about, www.RiteintheRain.com is the web address on my too small photo journal. I could probably get what I need from 'Rite In the Rain' with a custom product, but, I'd rather buy from an APUG member, so I'm proudly sticking with J Brunner Photographer products.

(If you are already using all-weather paper, disregard above paragraph.)

Thanks!

Marc

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Hey J,

Congratulations on the publication of your first book, "Exposure Record"!

I've been using several different versions of photo log books on and off for years and there always seems to be flaw with these books that causes me to stop using them. The most recent 'exposure record' book I've used is called "All Weather Photo Journal" by Rite In the Rain. It measures 3" wide x 5" which is way too small. If it was the size of your book, it would be perfect. Sometimes it's difficult to write in micro-mini print when it's 0 degrees out or when the light is changing fast, so, when I saw your book I got one immediately (this past Saturday).

If the paper in your book is 'all-weather' paper (water-proof/water-resistant) that would be great! If not, perhaps your second edition could use this type of paper. For more info on the paper I'm talking about, www.RiteintheRain.com is the web address on my too small photo journal. I could probably get what I need from 'Rite In the Rain' with a custom product, but, I'd rather buy from an APUG member, so I'm proudly sticking with J Brunner Photographer products.

(If you are already using all-weather paper, disregard above paragraph.)

Thanks!

Marc
    Unfortunately, its not that fancy. I'm stuck with what Lulu offers. I did manage to get it with a paper that is writable. I was worried that it would be to flimsy. Thankfully it's heavy enough. Waterproof would be the bomb, but it's not in the budget. If, after the handy revisions people have suggested, it proves to be popular enough, I will look into something like that. The only really nice thing about Lulu is that they handle the ordering and fulfillment, something I would currently be hard pressed to do in a reliable manner.

Shooter
    35mm
    The new version is up. It includes pages for an index, reciprocity suggestions, common filter factors, and a LF check list.

I'd like to thank everybody for the input in making a better product that we can all use.

http://www.lulu.com/content/2045656

Best,

J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you think about having the back cover be a gray card for metering purposes? How hard is it to print 18% gray?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Did you think about having the back cover be a gray card for metering purposes? How hard is it to print 18% gray?
    That is another great idea. I don't know if Lulu QC would be up to the task in even a general sense, but I'll give it a go. If it is close enough in a consistent fashion it could prove useful. Thank you for the input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin