Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,379   Online: 762
      
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Martin Reed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    North London
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    325

    SE1 Emulsion Supplies

    As everybody is well aware now, Kentmere was acquired by Ilford in late 07. There are a few issues regarding special products Kentmere made, including our SE1 emulsion.

    Production of this is being moved from Staveley (Kentmere site) to Mobberley (Harman site) Although the formulation will be the same, there are issues regarding packaging, labeling etc, which may delay supplies to us.

    At present (22/2/08) we are OK with stocks of 240ml, but have no 1 litre bottles. We hope to have new stock in all sizes in the next few weeks. In the meantime we will increase stockholding of other manufacturers emulsions.

  2. #2
    gandolfi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Posts
    1,803
    Images
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    In the meantime we will increase stockholding of other manufacturers emulsions.
    sounds great. I like the SE1 as it is an easy product to use - good for teaching students. However I "allways" bought this in 5liters at a time (much cheaper), will that be an option in the future?

    For teaching purposes I'll suggest you could give the option to buy emty 240ml bottles.... (at least if the 5 liter is available) - I have looked for that kind of bottles for years....

    about other manufactures emulsions: could that include the FOMA emulsion?

    this is an awesome emulsion and as much as I like the SE1, for bromoil the FOMA emulsion is far superior. (and I have had so many asking me where to get this emulsion....)

  3. #3
    Martin Reed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    North London
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    sounds great. I like the SE1 as it is an easy product to use - good for teaching students. However I "allways" bought this in 5liters at a time (much cheaper), will that be an option in the future?

    For teaching purposes I'll suggest you could give the option to buy emty 240ml bottles.... (at least if the 5 liter is available) - I have looked for that kind of bottles for years....

    about other manufactures emulsions: could that include the FOMA emulsion?

    this is an awesome emulsion and as much as I like the SE1, for bromoil the FOMA emulsion is far superior. (and I have had so many asking me where to get this emulsion....)
    The problem we had with 5 litre packs was that the manufacturers could not supply the emulsion in a black tub, only the usual white variety as used for paint etc, and even when wrapped in black & labelled it was a regular event for one to get opened up in daylight by customs inspections in particular. In the end we decided to stop dealing with 5 litre packs until the packaging was adequate for the product. I'll investigate this with Harman.

    We haven't looked at bringing in the Foma emulsion yet, I'll do that next week.

    Martin

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Shooter
    Holga
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post

    At present (22/2/08) we are OK with stocks of 240ml, but have no 1 litre bottles. We hope to have new stock in all sizes in the next few weeks. In the meantime we will increase stockholding of other manufacturers emulsions.
    Where can I buy this?

  5. #5
    Ian Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West Midlands, UK, and Turkey
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,264
    Images
    148
    Silverprint of course.

    Ian



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin