The RPT/Kelty Photo Redwing- now accepting orders!
I am pleased to announce the pending arrival of the Photo Redwing backpacks. After a year of collaboration, design and prototyping, the order is placed and the packs will soon arrive. I am taking advanced orders for those planning spring trips which I will air freight in with a planned arrival for the P1 model of March 17, 2008. The P2 with an upgraded suspension and belt will arrive in mid-April.
These packs feature:
- Full front panel opening for complete access to your kit.
- Squared-off shoulders for more useable room
- Integrated rain cover/field drop cloth that stows in its own zippered pouch.
- Tripod mounting system
- Sturdier suspension and more generous waist belt
- Optional side pockets which will each hold 2 boxes of readiloads, 8 4X5 film holders or 5 5X7 film holders.
- Mesh pockets on the inside of the main panel opening.
- Expanded exterior front pocket that will hold up to 4 8X10 film holder, jacket, rain gear or anything else you would like to haul.
- The P2 featured the Kelty Cloudlock suspension and belt as is found on their Coyote model packs. A significant step up in suspension for short to average torso lengths.
If you are curious, you can get more details and images by following this link:
The deadline for advanced orders is March 5, 2008. After that, I will have a limited supply until the surface shipment arrives in late April.
Thanks, JB. I wish there was a way to convey the comfort this suspension creates. I used it for the first time last week at the APUG North Shore get together. It worked beautifully.
Bruce, I can attest to how comfortable the suspension is on this pack. I used my stock Kelty Rewing to carried my Nikon camera, 3 lenses, tripod, filters blah, blah blah, all through Patagonia this past November. It was not modified like the ones your are offering. I wish that mines had been modified, but it still worked great and allowed for me to carry extra layers for the cold wind and snow plus my packed lunch each day! I would highly recommend that folks take a serious look at you pack!
Where were you when I needed you? I think you have a winner!!! Good luck.