I am pleased to announce the pending arrival of the Photo Redwing backpacks. After a year of collaboration, design and prototyping, the order is placed and the packs will soon arrive. I am taking advanced orders for those planning spring trips which I will air freight in with a planned arrival for the P1 model of March 17, 2008. The P2 with an upgraded suspension and belt will arrive in mid-April.
These packs feature:
- Full front panel opening for complete access to your kit.
- Squared-off shoulders for more useable room
- Integrated rain cover/field drop cloth that stows in its own zippered pouch.
- Tripod mounting system
- Sturdier suspension and more generous waist belt
- Optional side pockets which will each hold 2 boxes of readiloads, 8 4X5 film holders or 5 5X7 film holders.
- Mesh pockets on the inside of the main panel opening.
- Expanded exterior front pocket that will hold up to 4 8X10 film holder, jacket, rain gear or anything else you would like to haul.
- The P2 featured the Kelty Cloudlock suspension and belt as is found on their Coyote model packs. A significant step up in suspension for short to average torso lengths.
If you are curious, you can get more details and images by following this link:
The deadline for advanced orders is March 5, 2008. After that, I will have a limited supply until the surface shipment arrives in late April.