Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,488   Online: 921

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Who makes this stuff?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Who makes this stuff?
    Hi Charles,

the film is made in a German coating factory.
    Untill some months ago, the 25ASA version was made by a Croation company.

Kind regards,
    Geert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a bit tired of playing this game... Why not tell us what it is? This new economy and stuff with communities where even businesses come is supposed to be about being open and honest, isn't it?
    I currently use Adox (efke) 100 at 18x24 cm and 4x5 inch. Is this the same?
    /matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    I'm a bit tired of playing this game... Why not tell us what it is? This new economy and stuff with communities where even businesses come is supposed to be about being open and honest, isn't it?
    /matti
    Well,

it's not really a game. The manufacturer is not very keen in telling where the film is actually made. With a little bit of business intelligence, you can easily understand why.

Geert

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus View Post
    Ole,

24x30 cm film is available.
    Great, Geert!

I'll be ordering some as soon as I get the bellows patched up (or replaced - it's an original ca. 1900 camera with original bellows).

And I'll want a special 4x5" ground glass too, as soon as I get around to measuring it.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Geert do you have a source for larger sheet lith film? Or even X-ray?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    /matti
    Believe it or not, there is a political dimension to the obscure art of film production, coating and marketing.

Frankly I don't give a monkey's toss where the film is produced, EU or not. No offence, but it's as nauseating as hearing whether Leica lenses are produced in Canada or Germany; Rollei lenses in Singapore or Japan or Germany; Carl Zeiss lenses in Germany AE version or Japanese MM versions,; whether Polaroid Type 55 is really Panatomic X from 50 years ago; whether... in this age of globalisation... AArgh. I'm going to have a wobbly. Sorry.

As Sandeha says, it's gorgeous in Rodinal. The emulsion is traditional; high quality tonal rendition and ultra-fine grain (NP15). If Geert can get it in whole plate format for export for enthusiasts, then why not support Wephota? It's not like it's some large Japanese digital corporation like Nokia behind it.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Well, if you can produce 7x17 and ship reasonably to US?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well. I suppose you misunderstood me quite a bit. I would like to order from sheetfilm.be. Exactly the same price as efke100 from fotoimpex but a shopping cart system that is easier to use. But if I need to test the film and don't know what I will get, it is better to stick with efke, isn't it?

/matti

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    Believe it or not, there is a political dimension to the obscure art of film production, coating and marketing.

Frankly I don't give a monkey's toss where the film is produced, EU or not. No offence, but it's as nauseating as hearing whether Leica lenses are produced in Canada or Germany; Rollei lenses in Singapore or Japan or Germany; Carl Zeiss lenses in Germany AE version or Japanese MM versions,; whether Polaroid Type 55 is really Panatomic X from 50 years ago; whether... in this age of globalisation... AArgh. I'm going to have a wobbly. Sorry.

As Sandeha says, it's gorgeous in Rodinal. The emulsion is traditional; high quality tonal rendition and ultra-fine grain (NP15). If Geert can get it in whole plate format for export for enthusiasts, then why not support Wephota? It's not like it's some large Japanese digital corporation like Nokia behind it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    It's not like it's some large Japanese digital corporation like Nokia behind it.
    Nokia a Japanese company? That'll be shocking news to the good people of Finland.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras
    http://reallybigcameras.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin