Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,663   Online: 817

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've just ordered a spare ground glass screen from your site Geert, and a pack of your film to test. Good luck with the film sales, any chance you could do 50 sheet packs?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

I would like to offer the ULF community the possibility of getting into group orders for specific film formats. Wephota is available in 25, 100 and 400 ASA film speed (400 ASA not for all sizes).

I'm thinking of organising a grouped order every x months in a specific format, if there is enough interest in such.

For those interested in the purchase of sheet film in sizes 11x14" and above, and odd sizes (think about whole plate here, or 4x10", 5x12" ...), please drop me an email or a PM stating the size and film speed and number of boxes (per 25 sheets) you would be interested in.
    There is no obligation of purchase in this enquiry.

After I evaluated the interest in specific formats, I will re-announce (or maybe cancel, worst-case) a group purchase for a specific film format (open for 30 days) on LF.info and apug.org so people who might have missed it can still tune in.

As shipping outside the EC is not inexpensive, I'd like to have contact with one person who could handle the import and redistribution in his/her area (not Europe). Conditions can be spoken of. If this can not be arranged, there will be individual overseas shipping costs per order.

Kind regards,
    Geert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    I've just ordered a spare ground glass screen from your site Geert, and a pack of your film to test. Good luck with the film sales, any chance you could do 50 sheet packs?

Dave,

50 sheet boxes are not available, I'm sorry.

Geert

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/chart/special/webphot.html

Some more info on Wephota. Do they ship to the US? I'd like to give it a shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/chart/special/webphot.html

Some more info on Wephota. Do they ship to the US? I'd like to give it a shot.

Hello Mikez,

I don't know if you can purchase directly from them, But I surely ship to the US.

To all,

please be carefull with the information on digitaltruth regarding the Wephota films, as it is outdated. (Fortepan being listed is the proof, and they no longer supply from Efke...)
    All emulsions are ORWO style now.

Kind regards,
    Geert

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi
    Very intyeresting about ULF, now I'm trying the 8x10 films and after I'll order 8x20 films, I hope in this format could be possible have also iso 400.

Best
    Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    Believe it or not, there is a political dimension to the obscure art of film production, coating and marketing.

Frankly I don't give a monkey's toss where the film is produced, EU or not. No offence, but it's as nauseating as hearing whether Leica lenses are produced in Canada or Germany; Rollei lenses in Singapore or Japan or Germany; Carl Zeiss lenses in Germany AE version or Japanese MM versions,; whether Polaroid Type 55 is really Panatomic X from 50 years ago; whether... in this age of globalisation... AArgh. I'm going to have a wobbly. Sorry.

As Sandeha says, it's gorgeous in Rodinal. The emulsion is traditional; high quality tonal rendition and ultra-fine grain (NP15). If Geert can get it in whole plate format for export for enthusiasts, then why not support Wephota? It's not like it's some large Japanese digital corporation like Nokia behind it.

Digitaltruth lists many of the wephota emulsions as having the same developing times as various efke and forte films. I get tried of trying new film only to discover it's the same film I've already experimented at length with. I agree with Matti, that game gets old. Toss all the monkeys you want, but is there any info available about the film anywhere? I've googled it but can only find speculation in forums.
    Last edited by Colin Graham; 03-21-2008 at 11:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    is there any info available about the film anywhere? I've googled it but can only find speculation in forums.
    Colin, do you know Orwo? Well, it's basically the same. I have more info in that now.

Kind regards,
    Geert

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks very much Geert, I'll check it out. I'm running low on odd-sized fp4+ and getting a little panicky.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had very good results shooting ORWO NP15 in 35mm back in ye oldene dayz when that film was manufactured at a plant of the people's own undertaking VEB), fwiw.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin