Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,277   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wet Plate Collodion Supplies now at Bostick & Sullivan

We've started keeping all of the hard-to-find Wet Plate and Ambrotype chemistry in stock. A few odds and ends are still on order from various suppliers, but the bulk of it is in stock.

Luckily there has been a looseing of the Hazmat rules and many of these chemicals can be sent in limited quantities without any extra shipping fees.

New Products/Prices:
    Collodion 500ml $45.99 (No Hazmat)
    Ethyl Ether 500ml $37.99 (No Hazmat)

Our prices are competitive with all of the bigger suppliers out there, plus we've got over 25 years of alt-process experience to help you out!

Obviously there are lots of other chemicals that I didn't name, cadmium bromide, potassium or ammonium iodide, silver nitrate, etc. What kind of quantities are you going to be using? I can't imagine someone needing more than 10-20g of cadmium bromide, so I don't want to start at the 50g level, considering it's fairly expensive stuff.

I wiill be populating the website with more products during the week, if you have any suggestions, please post a message here or PM me.

If you're looking for a particlar product that you don't see listed, please call us toll free 877-817-4320.

Thanks,

Dana

Shooter
    ULarge Format

International Shipping

Hello Dana,

I take it that you will still not be able to ship the Collodion to Canada?

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice work, Dana! What about ethyl alcohol for those of us that live in states where 190 Everclear is illegal?
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic! Now all I need is money!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Way to go. Good to have another source out there. An order coming soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is awesome. Great news.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Quote Originally Posted by CRhymer View Post
    Hello Dana,

I take it that you will still not be able to ship the Collodion to Canada?

Cheers,
    Clarence
    Thanks for asking, because you Cannucks are in luck! UPS now allows us to ship certain hazardous materials across the border using standard ground hazmat shipping. Canada has a list of restricted postal codes that I cannot send to, and the list of chemicals is limited (no silver nitrate allowed )but collodion and ether are on the approved list.

-Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Kerik View Post
    Nice work, Dana! What about ethyl alcohol for those of us that live in states where 190 Everclear is illegal?
    I'm not sure what we're going to do about this, since you need a alcohol license in order to re-sell the stuff. I could always sell you a really expensive empty bottle, and send you the alcohol as a gift .

-Dana

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello Dana,

Well I am X0E 0P0, which make UPS freak, although they do deliver here by expedited/air meaning they ship by air to Edmonton and hand it off to another carrier to go 800 miles by truck. However, I will be in the south in a month and can have it delivered there.

We have to talk.

Thank you.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Sullivan View Post
    Thanks for asking, because you Cannucks are in luck! UPS now allows us to ship certain hazardous materials across the border using standard ground hazmat shipping. Canada has a list of restricted postal codes that I cannot send to, and the list of chemicals is limited (no silver nitrate allowed )but collodion and ether are on the approved list.

-Dana
    Dana, this news is one of the best birthday presents I could have hoped for! Now I just have to find a spot to keep the chemicals without blowing up the house or poisoning myself... Shouldn't take me too long!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin