Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,365   Online: 1105
      
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Jasper, Tennessee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    73
    If the final model is as good as the specs listed here then I'll order one. I'll also recommend it for the new darkroom at the college where I work.

  2. #32
    RH Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales, England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    657
    Images
    18

    Update

    The ProcessMaster II is now expected towards the end of next month (June) and details are now available on our web site together with a pre-order facility. You can place an order now for despatch as soon as available; no funds will be debited until despatch.

    The countdown now ticks the last 15 seconds, and there are over- and under-temperature warnings, and a probe-disconnected warning. These only activate if the program step calls for temperature compensation. If compensation is set and the step started with the probe disconnected, the timer runs at normal seconds speed.

    The features and specification on the web page are correct as of today but may change slightly between now and product launch.
    Regards,
    Richard.

    RH Designs - My Photography

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dedham, Ma, USA
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    I love my RH Designs timer. It's great!

    At one time, I had a Zone VI compensating developing timer. It was the worst piece of darkroom equipment I've ever had. It had to be fixed 4 times, and of course it took awhile for me to figure out that it was broken! So I'm happy that RH Designs is going to build a better one, right?
    I have a Zone VI unit - bought new - that has been working fine for years (attached to wall). If they get tossed around, which mine did for a while, they could malfunction like any other electronic device. I like it's simplicity.

    It's good to know of something to replace it, if needed.
    Last edited by panastasia; 05-22-2008 at 09:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

  4. #34
    ITD
    ITD is offline
    ITD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    155
    I use stainless steel tanks - you mentioned holding the temperature probe on the outside with a blu-tak or tape arrangement (IIRC) - how effective is this in determining the temperature of the chemistry and therefore correctly compensating for time?

    Cheers

  5. #35
    RH Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales, England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    657
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by ITD View Post
    I use stainless steel tanks - you mentioned holding the temperature probe on the outside with a blu-tak or tape arrangement (IIRC) - how effective is this in determining the temperature of the chemistry and therefore correctly compensating for time?
    Apologies for not getting to this sooner. I'd recommend using a water bath and placing the probe in that rather than attaching it to the tank. This is good practice anyway especially if you temper the chemicals in the bath as well prior to using them. Attaching the probe to the tank should work, but its effectiveness will depend on how good the contact between the probe and tank is, and how much insulation the attachment method provides. My first attempt with Blu-Tak failed miserably because I forgot that massaging the Blu-Tak before use heats it up significantly. The timer took off at high speed!

    We're just putting the finishing touches to the product and I hope to ship the first batch this week. The User Manual will be on our web site in the next few days.
    Regards,
    Richard.

    RH Designs - My Photography

  6. #36
    jstraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,703
    Images
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    Apologies for not getting to this sooner. I'd recommend using a water bath and placing the probe in that rather than attaching it to the tank. This is good practice anyway especially if you temper the chemicals in the bath as well prior to using them. Attaching the probe to the tank should work, but its effectiveness will depend on how good the contact between the probe and tank is, and how much insulation the attachment method provides. My first attempt with Blu-Tak failed miserably because I forgot that massaging the Blu-Tak before use heats it up significantly. The timer took off at high speed!

    We're just putting the finishing touches to the product and I hope to ship the first batch this week. The User Manual will be on our web site in the next few days.
    I'll be buying one of these. Richard, have you had them made with the keyholes for wall mounting? Are the LEDs dim enough to be film-safe?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

  7. #37
    RH Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales, England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    657
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I'll be buying one of these. Richard, have you had them made with the keyholes for wall mounting? Are the LEDs dim enough to be film-safe?
    No keyholes as standard, but we can add some if you want. The display should be OK provided the timer isn't next to your tray - I don't think there's enough light to bounce around significantly, but as I don't use sheet film I've not been able to test it. I'll ask Chris to do some experiments as he uses 5x4 now and then. Could you place the timer out of the way of the trays but where you can still see the display - on a shelf beneath your work surface for example? Come to think of it I loaded some rollfilm into a tank next to it last night and there's no evidence on the negs of any ill effects.
    Regards,
    Richard.

    RH Designs - My Photography

  8. #38
    jstraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,703
    Images
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    No keyholes as standard, but we can add some if you want. The display should be OK provided the timer isn't next to your tray - I don't think there's enough light to bounce around significantly, but as I don't use sheet film I've not been able to test it. I'll ask Chris to do some experiments as he uses 5x4 now and then. Could you place the timer out of the way of the trays but where you can still see the display - on a shelf beneath your work surface for example? Come to think of it I loaded some rollfilm into a tank next to it last night and there's no evidence on the negs of any ill effects.
    I could experiment wit location but this will probably go next to an existing Zone VI Compensating Timer. It could go in place of it but I already have it so I'm sure I'll keep it for timing something...washing perhaps. Something that is going on at the same time.

    FWIW, the volume of the beep and the illumination of the display are both adjustable on the Zone VI. Even dialed all the way down, I find the display on it too bright when my eyes are accustomed to the darkness. I have a gel I put over it then.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

  9. #39
    RH Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales, England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    657
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    FWIW, the volume of the beep and the illumination of the display are both adjustable on the Zone VI. Even dialed all the way down, I find the display on it too bright when my eyes are accustomed to the darkness. I have a gel I put over it then.
    We have two levels of brightness and the beep can be switched off but there's no volume control.
    Regards,
    Richard.

    RH Designs - My Photography

  10. #40
    Les McLean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Northern England on the Scottish border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,610
    This may not be relevant but I have used the MkI version quite close to my 5 x 4 developing trays for some years without fogging film. Quite close is at eye level on the wall directly behind the tray in the wet bench which is just above waist level and about 30" from the timer.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

    Website: www.lesmcleanphotography.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin