Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,929   Online: 853

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

8x10 BTZS Film Tubes available again at lower price!

Now that Jobo processors are no longer available I've seen much more interest in out BTZS Film Tubes. The 4x5 Film Tube Kit we always have available and since it's produced from a mold the production cost is low.

The larger size tubes were a different story. Since they were machined one at a time on a CNC lathe the price kept rising every time I went back to the machine shop. Eventually I stopped making them and started the hunt for a cheaper alternative.

I'm pleased to say that with the help of one of my customers I've found a ready made solution that works perfectly for 8x10 sheet film and that I'm able to sell for $29.95 for one 8x10 tube and two caps.

I've created a video on YouTube so you can see exactly how to use the tubes. Easiest way to find the video is just to search for BTZS on the YouTube home page.

Thanks,

Fred Newman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sweeet. I can't get to youtube during work. Is it a demo of the 8x10? I'm using the welder's rod tubes right now. Kinda large.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good stuff !
    Thanks,
    G.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Sweeet. I can't get to youtube during work. Is it a demo of the 8x10? I'm using the welder's rod tubes right now. Kinda large.
    Yes, and I've posted a link to the YouTube video on http://viewcamerastore.com.

I think you'll recognize the tubes.

Fred

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by frednewman View Post
    Yes, and I've posted a link to the YouTube video on http://viewcamerastore.com.

I think you'll recognize the tubes.

Fred
    Fred,

These look like the welding rod tubes once sold by J&C. Are they? If so I've had good luck using them and I'm glad you guys are selling them regardless of their original purpose.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    Fred,

These look like the welding rod tubes once sold by J&C. Are they? If so I've had good luck using them and I'm glad you guys are selling them regardless of their original purpose.
    Hi Don,

Yes, They are. Glad they work will for you. We found no problems in our testing.

Fred

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    These look great. Maybe I need to try 8x10 now!
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Fred,

What is the depth of these tubes? Would it be possible to develop 5x12 film in these?

Barry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson View Post
    Hello Fred,

What is the depth of these tubes? Would it be possible to develop 5x12 film in these?

Barry
    Barry,

Tubes are 11-3/4 deep 5x12 would stick out about a quarter inch. I tested with a sheet of photo paper cut to size and had no problem.

Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frednewman View Post
    Barry,

Tubes are 11-3/4 deep 5x12 would stick out about a quarter inch. I tested with a sheet of photo paper cut to size and had no problem.

Fred
    Thanks Fred, that's a pity. If you ever consider making some a little longer please let me know.

Barry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin