Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,705   Online: 1250

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Sinking Pound ...

In case you were not aware, the British Pound has been falling sharply in value recently, especially against the US Dollar. From around $2.00 a few months ago, it's now hovering around $1.60. This means that our products have fallen in price to US customers by about 20% and by smaller amounts in some other countries. So the worldwide financial crisis could have an up side for some!
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    In case you were not aware, the British Pound has been falling sharply in value recently, especially against the US Dollar. From around $2.00 a few months ago, it's now hovering around $1.60. This means that our products have fallen in price to US customers by about 20% and by smaller amounts in some other countries. So the worldwide financial crisis could have an up side for some!
    You bet - I get paid in Euros!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Silver has been falling, too. Hopefully this will translate to fewer price increases in b/w film products across the industry.

I was looking at your website and that paper flasher is really cool. Are they in stock?
    Last edited by zenrhino; 10-29-2008 at 07:48 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Mostly because I'm a bonehead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zenrhino View Post
    I was looking at your website and that paper flasher is really cool. Are they in stock?
    Yes, all products are available at present (SafeTorches now back in stock).
    Regards,
    Richard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Regular gasoline was $2.04 per gallon this morning. Down another 5 cents from yesterday. Spending less on gas means I can spend more on my G.A.S.! Yeeeehaaaaaw!
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So is this the revised cost of the paper flasher to US based people... 63.83 pounds x 1.6 = $102.13 - 20%= $81.70 plus shipping??
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    So is this the revised cost of the paper flasher to US based people... 63.83 pounds x 1.6 = $102.13 - 20%= $81.70 plus shipping??
    No, it's an effective price decrease due to the exchange rate - we haven't actually changed our GBP prices. The US$ equivalent cost has dropped from approx $128 to approx $102. We still charge you 63.83 GBP (plus shipping), your card provider charges you the equivalent in US$ which is now less than it used to be. Hope that clarifies it.
    Regards,
    Richard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    Yeah and you should see the Canadian dollar drop too. (bummer!)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The pound being approx. 1.5X the dollar is what the value was for years before the runaway inflation the USA has had since 2000, and particularly since 2004.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sometimes one gets lucky...we brought some Aussie dollars over to the States earlier in the year when an Aussie dollar was at a high of 86 US cents. It helped to buy a little bigger house (the old one was getting tight with three 11-year olds!). Now an Aussie dollar is only worth 52 US cents. Quite a difference.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin