Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,919   Posts: 1,521,950   Online: 1128

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Really Big Cameras is Now a Chamonix Dealer!

I am pleased to announce that Really Big Cameras is now a factory authorized dealer for Chamonix large format and ultra large format cameras, film holders and accessories.

I have not yet posted information on the Chamonix products on my web site, but will do so in the near future. I plan to place my first order with the factory within the next two weeks for items that are currently in stock. These include:

Cameras:
    057N - Horizontal Only 5x7
    057N - Reverible Back 5x7
    058N - Horizontal Only 5x8
    WP - Whole Plate (6½x8½)
    717 - 7x17
    820 - 8x20

Film Holders:
    4x10
    Whole Plate (6½x8½)
    8x10
    8x20

Accessories: Various reducing backs, extension beds, lensboards, etc. Please contact me for more details.

As prices fluctuate with the exchange rate, please contact me for current prices on these items. If you would like to purchase any of these items, please let me know and I'll have them included in my shipment from the factory.

I am also now accepting pre-orders for the February production run of the Chamonix 045N 4x5 camera. At the current exchange rate, the approximate delivered price (camera plus shipping) would be approximately $850. This is subject to change due to currency fluctuations. The actual price will be determined when the product ships from the factory. Please contact me at sales@reallybigcameras.com to reserve your spot in the queue for this popular camera. To date, demand for the Chamonix 045N has far outstripped factory production capacity. Don't be left out yet again. Reserve yours now.

Also, please contact me to get your name in the queue for the following upcoming Chamonix production runs:

Camera: 810C 8x10 Planned Production Date: May, 2009
    Camera: 1114 11x14 Planned Production Date: June, 2009
    Camera: 1417 14x17 Planned Production Date: August, 2009

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Congratulations, Kerry. I'm glad to hear this has finally worked out.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

KEK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is great Kerry !

It's about time they woke up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kerry, great news that this has happened! Is there going to a way to buy spares as well? Not being able to buy these will become a problem as they start to require servicing etc.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    This is great Kerry !

It's about time they woke up
    Just to be clear... I have never had any issues or problems with the good folks at Chamonix Cameras. Nor have I ever questioned the quality or value of their products. My previous failed attempt to become a Chamonix dealer was not a result of any dispute or problem between myself and Chamonix.

I originally created my company, Really Big Cameras, with the goal of becoming a seller of Chamonix large format and ultra large format cameras, film holders and accessories. It has taken a while to reach that goal, but I am very pleased and excited that my dream is now a reality.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Kerry, great news that this has happened! Is there going to a way to buy spares as well? Not being able to buy these will become a problem as they start to require servicing etc.
    Andrew,

What do you mean by spares?

If you are referring to small parts (knobs, screws, etc.). Yes, I will eventually stock a small selection of common replacement parts.

I also plan to eventually maintain a full stock of all available Chamonix products for immediate delivery - once the factory catches up with demand for their products.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Congratulations, Kerry. I'm glad to hear this has finally worked out.
    David,

Thanks. You and me, both.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Congratulations!! Well Done

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be interested to see what the 11x14 is like.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Kerry, having a parts inventory will be a must to allow people to service their gear and replace anything that wears. Expecially if it's an alternative to having gear shipped back to China for servicing or fixing.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin