Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,228   Online: 874

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Iceland: Western Fjords Tour 2009 w/ Bill Schwab

Iceland Western Fjords Tour
    September 1 - 10, 2009

Participants: 8
    (3 spaces currently available)

The dates have been set and plans are being finalized for this trip up into the wilds of Iceland's Western Fjords region.

Even though final costs have not yet been determined, I wanted to make this announcement due to all the inquiries I have been receiving. While several spaces have already been reserved by those who have traveled with me there before, there will be room for several more. There is now a registration form set-up for those interested in reserving space without commitment. Be aware though that a deposit will be required as soon as final costs are determined and final booking will be on a first come basis with those registered having priority. Remaining costs will be spread out over several installments over the coming months.

Due to its isolation and remote location, this area of Iceland deserves a trip in itself and we'll be seeing and photographing as much as possible while there. Your tour will include round trip airfare from Boston as well as private lodging each night with breakfast and all travel within the country. European travelers will be responsible for their own airfare and the cost of their trip pro-rated. You will be responsible for all other meals aside from a few that may be included in more remote regions.

This will be a true photographer's adventure. This is not a workshop, no class time, no critiques, just some serious, intensive exploring and shooting in what I believe to be one of the truly wonderful and pristine places on earth to photograph.

Thanks and stay tuned!

Bill Schwab

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, I wish I could commit to this. I really do! I really really wish I could commit to this. I wish.

Lucky those that can. One day I'll come with.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, could you give a rundown on working in conditions like this? What sort of cold weather gear is needed or is it needed at all? Remember, I live in Texas so cold to me is under 40F :-)
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    ...I really really wish I could commit to this. I wish.
    It would be really good to have you along Thomas. You'll make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Bill, could you give a rundown on working in conditions like this?
    Hi Jeremy! Thanks for asking. I've had Texans with me before and they survived quite well. Actually Iceland's name doesn't do it justice and it is not as icy or brutal as one might think. Figure temperatures at the time we're going to be in the 40 - 50 degree range. It is always good to be prepared for the worst when there and I would suggest a good parka, gloves, head/ear covering and rain gear for good luck. A good pair of Wellingtons can help in wet grounds and tidal pools as well. I've been in some pretty extreme weather in Iceland and even that wasn't any worse than it is outside my door in Michigan right now!

Also... a swim suit is a must if you want to hit some of the warm pools and the Blue Lagoon at the end.

Bill

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Bill, I'll be joining you on this one. I was planning to go next year.... But this year sounds better!

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yet another trip I'd love to make but can't afford.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bulcock View Post
    Hi Bill, I'll be joining you on this one.
    Roger! It will be great to have you along. No diving in creeks here though! I want you in one piece and free from hypothermia.

Travis... you would fit in great as well. Another time.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd sell my soul (if I had one) to be a part of the "Schwab and the Bulcock" tour!

Alas, it is not to be.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sounds like a good time Bill!

If everything works out, I'll be back in Iceland in September as well, rounding up sheep on horseback.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm thinking. Tomorrow I'll buy a lottery ticket.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin