Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,454   Online: 853

Images

International Postal Rates: Good (Surprise!) and Bad News

I never thought I'd see prices go down for shipping, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that while the overall postal rates increased last month, a new category for international shipments was created that essentially cut the fees I was paying to ship overseas by 50% for most of my products.

The new category is the PRIORITY MAIL SMALL FLAT RATE BOX, a post-office supplied box with dimensions of 1.5" x 5" x 8.5" with 4lb. weight limit and postage fees of $12.95.

To my good fortune, this box is large enough to accommodate all of my BLACKJACKET™ focusing cloths, both HYBRID and ORIGINAL, up to the 5x7 size (46" neck).

As a result, I was able to drop my international shipping rates accordingly, saving customers at least $11 per order in postage.

The down side to the new postal rates, is that the shipping fees for the larger cloths (56", 76", 84", 105" necks) increased from $25 to $29.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your location is concealed, but it sounds as if you are talking about USA postal rates.
    Charles Hohenstein

Images
    You are correct Charles. These new rates are US Priority Mail shipments originating within the US headed for international destinations. QuietWorks LLC, manufacturer of the BLACKJACKET™ is in Idaho, USA.

A couple years ago, Priority International rates doubled for the "variable weight" packages I used to ship product, from roughly $12.95 to $24.95.

Now, since my product can fit in these new, small, standarized Priority Mail cardboard parcels, I can reduce my rates by at least $11--a savings of 12.5% off the total bill.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin