Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,752   Online: 1058

Shooter
    35mm RF

ABOUT Switching capacity

Dear Sir
    my friend has a omega 8x10 enlarger,it is more than 1000w:o
    so his analyser pro can not fit his enlarger, because of the Switching capacity
    (500W for 120v)
    my friend want to modify his analyer pro to fit his OMEGA 8X10,I do not know
    it is feasible to do ? or to buy a coustomed-made analyer (more than 1000w)

?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most of the high-power enlargers I've seen have a built-in contactor to switch the lamps on and off. This contactor is then driven by the timer. I would be surprised if your friend's Omega does not have something similar. Presumably there is a power supply of some sort with the enlarger? This is likely to include the necessary control circuitry for use with a timer. I'm afraid I am not familiar with Omega enlargers as they are rare in the UK.

If not, he will need to obtain a high-power relay or contactor with a mains-voltage coil, connect the coil to the Analyser's Enlarger socket and connect the enlarger lamps to the relay contacts. It is not possible for us to increase the switching capacity of the Analyser above 500W.

Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thank you
    i would tell my friend about his question

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin