Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,528   Posts: 1,572,425   Online: 1163

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've never had the pleasure of using Forte papers, so I don't have a point of comparison with Argentone. I bought a pack of 25 8x10 from 8 Elm and I've made a few lith prints.

So far, it has shown the most dramatic lith effect I've seen, bearing in mind that I am brand new to this lith printing thing. Very strong infectious development, starting for me at about 10mins.

I've been using the Moersch SE5 kit. I found the blacks to be extremely grainy and gritty with soft highlights. Very lith-y but I'm not entirely pleased with the effect. Wet colour of the untoned print was a soft beige-brown, with black blacks. Selenium toning at 1:3 produced a very interesting purple-black tone at about 5 mins that dried down to a browner sort of purple colour.

I was having a major problem with the edges of the print developing far more rapidly than the centre. After some thought, I imagine that's because I was using 8x10 trays for 8x10 prints and I was over-agitating the edge areas. Next time I'll move up a size in tray to see what happens.

You can see the effect I got with the two attached images, but the colour is of course different in the physical prints.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SCAN0002.jpg   SCAN0003.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Was this paper once sold under the name "Talbot?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Forte Polywarmtone was/is my favourite paper by a long shot. I tried this paper out last week and it's definitely not as good as Forte, but it's pretty good. The tint is certainly more green, not that great golden-brown tone I'd get with Polywarmtone in Neutal WA or Ilford Warmtone, but the tonality is kinda similar (contrasty). It's better than Ilford Warmtone paper, in my opinion. I'd go out and buy a lot of the Argentone paper were it not for how overpriced it is at 8 Elm... and becasue I'm buying $600 worth of Forte Polywarmtone FB paper from this store in South Korea that my Korean friend tipped me off to; anything for that paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who makes this paper and where does it come from? Just curious...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin