Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,464   Posts: 1,570,651   Online: 849

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Legacy Pro film now in the UK

In addition to our US-based store, we have now opened a UK shopfront and customers in the UK and Europe can purchase Legacy Pro 35mm film directly from:

http://www.digitaltruth.co.uk
    --Jon Mided

Digitaltruth Photo
    http://www.digitaltruth.com

Shooter
    35mm
    These are absolutely great prices, Jon, and will cause some consternation amongst U.K. suppliers! Who actually makes Legacy and to which mainstream suppliers' film would you compare it?

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Just for information. I had a look at other bits of your website and in the info section on Fuji film, clicking onto Dev gives you technical data and clicking onto tecnhical data gives you info unconnected to Fuji Neopan 1600 or anything to do with Fuji film.

You might want to check it out and then contact your webmaster. Something has gone wrong. The other Fuji film content is fine.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's made by Fuji.... Freestyle in the US has said it's ACROS and Neopan-400!!!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Andrew. It a bit cheaper than most of the rest of even the large volume U.K. suppliers and anyone buying Fuji film on the U.K. e-bay film section now needs " certifying". It's about time some film sellers on e-bay were "scuppered" in my opinion.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is a great deal, and all I use for 35mm anymore. Agreed with the E'Bay profiteering... They need to take a beating every now and then!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    Mmm... I should have looked at the postage charge first. It's a whopping £5.95 even for one film! It stays at £5.95 even if ordering 10 films which makes things better but it is still beaten by 7dayshop and Fujifilm U.K.

Even a small enterprise like Mathers of Lancashire beats it unless the order quantities approach 10 films.

I hadn't expected such a high charge for postage. One film in its packet weighs only 30g and even 10 are only 300g plus packing of course but this won't add a lot. Other companies seem to manage smaller postage charges.

It's a pity about the postage charge. The price for 36exp Neopan 400(£2.49) beats even Fujifilm U.K.s price for a 10 pack(£2.67 per film) but the postage wipes out the advantage

Maybe Digitaltruth will review its postage charge for smaller quantities. If not then it becomes just another runner in a very close race and not an outright winner but only if you buy biggish quantities. Buy under 5 films and it doesn't compete at all.

Of course all of this assumes that Andrew Moxom is right and that it is Acros 100 and Neopan 400.

Ah well

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, the postage is a pity here. You need to buy 11 rolls, I think, to beat the price of Neopan at 7dayshop.

Shooter
    35mm
    You are incorrect about the postal charges.

The charge for up to 500g is £2.95 by First Class Mail.

The reason it appears to be more is that you have not used the pulldown menu to select the less expensive shipping option. Default shipping is currently set to Special Delivery, as this is the only Royal Mail service not being disrupted by industrial action. First Class Mail, which should take 1-2 days, can currently take up to 2 weeks due to localised strike action and backlogs. When you first add items to your basket to see the prices, this may not be obvious; however, prior to checkout there is a notice which recommends the use of Special Delivery to avoid delays caused by strike action. In many cases people will gladly pay the extra £3 to make sure it arrives promptly, but we are continuing to send parcels at £2.95 just the same.

We have now changed the default shipping to First Class Mail to make the lower cost more obvious, but we are continuing to recommend Special Delivery until all postal strikes are over.

Buying one roll of film by mail order is never going to be cost-effective due to the cost of packaging and shipping, but at the prices we are offering this film I hope people will be encouraged to order multiple rolls at a time.
    --Jon Mided

Digitaltruth Photo
    http://www.digitaltruth.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon, what other products will you be selling in the UK ?

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin